Character Mod selection not showing up

TehIronMan

After working on my character mode for while I decided to try him out so I opened Don't starve went to an empty save slot and clicked character My character is nowhere to be seen,Is there a line of code need for this? There was silhouette or or picture for him only vanilla characters..

Help Please!

scripts/modindex.lua(253,1) Error loading modinfo.lua. These fields are required: forumthread

this came up in your log. in your modinfo.lua you removed the forumthread from your mod. this is very bad. its required, even if it is blank.

here is the line you need. this may not be the only thing wrong with it btw.

forumthread = "fillerphrase"

ive downloaded them and ill look them over. you know you can just upload these to your post when you reply? there is a more reply options and you can attach multiple files this way.

sorry I'm quite new and unfamiliar with this forums also Thanks a heap for looking at the files 

scripts/modindex.lua(253,1) Error loading modinfo.lua. These fields are required: forumthread

this came up in your log. in your modinfo.lua you removed the forumthread from your mod. this is very bad. its required, even if it is blank.

here is the line you need. this may not be the only thing wrong with it btw.

forumthread = "fillerphrase"

Thanks

i noticed something else weird that might have to do with another mod you have enabled.

FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve/music/music_FE: The requested event, event group, event category or event property could not be found. 

are you trying to add custom music along with your character? or do you have a music pack installed. either way, this shouldnt stop your character from loading in. also, inside of your anim folder there is a zip. inside that zip, there is a file called build.bin. have you renamed the build inside of that from wod to no6? if not, then this could make it to where your character is invisible.

i noticed something else weird that might have to do with another mod you have enabled.

FMOD Error: Can't play event dontstarve/music/music_FE: The requested event, event group, event category or event property could not be found. 

are you trying to add custom music along with your character? or do you have a music pack installed. either way, this shouldnt stop your character from loading in. also, inside of your anim folder there is a zip. inside that zip, there is a file called build.bin. have you renamed the build inside of that from wod to no6? if not, then this could make it to where your character is invisible.

ohhhh  things are making sense now

...apps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/no6/modmain.lua:24: attempt to index global 'STRINGS' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
this says whats wrong with it. your modmain had an error at line 24. you have it named as these
STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.no6 = "The Prisoner"STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.no6 = "Number 6"STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.no6 = "* Stubborn in a good way ."STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.no6 = "\"I am a not a number I am a free man!.\""

thats not entirely the way it should be. here is mine.

GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.cbk = "The Bandicoot"GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.cbk = "Crash"  -- Note! This line is especially important as some parts of the game require                                            -- the character to have a valid name.GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.cbk = "* The Crazy Animal With Multiple Lives!"GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.cbk = "\"Pancakes!\""

when you have an error, normally you can look near the bottom of the log for LUA ERROR. somewhere near this tells you what it didnt agree with. ill help you for now, but later on you may need to solve this yourself if you are up for modding. adjust your characters files and retry to play with your character then attach a log. :D

...apps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/no6/modmain.lua:24: attempt to index global 'STRINGS' (a nil value)
this says whats wrong with it. your modmain had an error at line 24. you have it named as these
STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.no6 = "The Prisoner"STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.no6 = "Number 6"STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.no6 = "* Stubborn in a good way ."STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.no6 = "\"I am a not a number I am a free man!.\""

thats not entirely the way it should be. here is mine.

GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.cbk = "The Bandicoot"GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.cbk = "Crash"  -- Note! This line is especially important as some parts of the game require                                            -- the character to have a valid name.GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.cbk = "* The Crazy Animal With Multiple Lives!"GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.cbk = "\"Pancakes!\""

when you have an error, normally you can look near the bottom of the log for LUA ERROR. somewhere near this tells you what it didnt agree with. ill help you for now, but later on you may need to solve this yourself if you are up for modding. adjust your characters files and retry to play with your character then attach a log. :grin:

Say problem as before when Apply is clicked Don't Starve Becomes Not Responsive, By the way I am really thank full for you helping me *for the moment*  :)

log.txt

it brought up an error about GlOBAL on line 27. that line should look like this:

GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.no6 = "\"I am a not a number I am a free man!.\""

if it is this way, then you may need to look it over a bit. you typed in GlOBAL. you forgot to capitalize the first "L".

this should fix it. if not, attach another log

it brought up an error about GlOBAL on line 27. that line should look like this:

GLOBAL.STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.no6 = "\"I am a not a number I am a free man!.\""

if it is this way, then you may need to look it over a bit. you typed in GlOBAL. you forgot to capitalize the first "L".

this should fix it. if not, attach another log

Same problem not responding on apply

log.txt

...apps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/no6/modmain.lua:34: attempt to index a nil value
this is saying you have an error at line 34 in your modmain. this line is blank and comes right after the unlocking line you have. why do you have an unlocking line btw? they by default are usually unlocked.
and this may be an error due to having multiple lines inbetween coded segments. try reducing the gap to 1 instead of 2. if that doesnt help, remove this line and reduce the gap again:
GetPlayer().profile:UnlockCharacter("no6")

also i assume you are making a robot. in the code lower, it says MALE. you can search this with ctrl + H. this lets you replace it easily. replace MALE with ROBOT if thats what you want, this is just a suggestion on what you may want your final mod to be :D

it says this: 

scripts/screens/modsscreen.lua(868,1) WARNING: icon paths for mod no6 (Number 6) are not valid. Got icon_atlas="modicon.xml" and icon="modicon.tex".

search your mod for .xml files. open them up in your text editor (notepad++ is really great :D) and change wod to no6. 

apparently it says these are wrong. it says you can comment out those lines, but i dont think you want to do that :D tell me if this doesnt work, and if not, attach a .zip of your mod (make sure not to attach your anim) and another log.

it says this: 

scripts/screens/modsscreen.lua(868,1) WARNING: icon paths for mod no6 (Number 6) are not valid. Got icon_atlas="modicon.xml" and icon="modicon.tex".

search your mod for .xml files. open them up in your text editor (notepad++ is really great :grin:) and change wod to no6. 

apparently it says these are wrong. it says you can comment out those lines, but i dont think you want to do that :grin: tell me if this doesnt work, and if not, attach a .zip of your mod (make sure not to attach your anim) and another log.

Didn't work 

Thanks again for helping 

what is your steam name therefore I can credit you for helping?

log.txt

no6.zip

alright. since you are having so many different issues with this, imma fix it for you and then ill hand it back to you. i noticed the that in your images folder you didnt actually have a modicon.tex and modicon.xml

that is why it was breaking that part. im gonna look into it more now. btw is your character animations completed? and on steam my account currently is TeleBrotatoTips, but i would like to be addressed as just BrotatoTips :D

alright. since you are having so many different issues with this, imma fix it for you and then ill hand it back to you. i noticed the that in your images folder you didnt actually have a modicon.tex and modicon.xml

that is why it was breaking that part. im gonna look into it more now. btw is your character animations completed? and on steam my account currently is TeleBrotatoTips, but i would like to be addressed as just BrotatoTips :grin:

Thanks

Animations are being worked on in photoshop at the moment they may or may not be finished by tomorrow  depending on tweaks and modifications.

Archived