Behavior when escape is pressed in dialog

I've noticed that the escape key does not choose the "cancel" option in any dialogs. Instead, it always selects the first option.

For example, in the Cybernetics Lab, pushing "escape" will always install the augmentation, not close the dialog. I've installed a bunch of unwanted augmentations this way. (Related - is there a plan to let agents uninstall/sell augmentations?)

Is this behavior intended?

This is true. I think pressing escape choosing the first option is not good. It should bring up the pause menu when you are at a dialog box that does not have a cancel option and should press cancel when there is a cancel button available.

I also would love to see a feature where we can have augments removed from agents. It should require a considerable level of compensation for such a major operation, like many turns of KO or, more severely, a whole level where the agent needing the augment removed skips that level.

I've noticed that the escape key does not choose the "cancel" option in any dialogs. Instead, it always selects the first option.

For example, in the Cybernetics Lab, pushing "escape" will always install the augmentation, not close the dialog. I've installed a bunch of unwanted augmentations this way. (Related - is there a plan to let agents uninstall/sell augmentations?)

Is this behavior intended?

I think this behaviour not only happens on that situation. Just now when i accidentally press rewind button and the press esc. the game assume as the first option which is yes

Archived