[General] - can't change verification email

TheTwinkleToes

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: can't change verification email

Issue Description: I recently bought don't starve together on Steam and tried to create an account, however, the email I tried to use for account creation verification isn't working and so I would like to change where the verification email is sent to so I can play the game. When I click play it tells me I have not verified my email (which is correct) and to try again. However, when entering my new email from the "Re-send Account Activation E-mail" screen it gives this error when clicking register:

Error

Error code E_STEAMID_IN_USE

I also tried to re-send it to the initial email I told it, but still gives the same error. If I close steam or the game and try to send a verification email it then gives this error:

Error

There was an error obtaining the response from the log-in server.

Any help with how to resolve this or why it is happening would be greatly appreciated

Steps to Reproduce: launch game (for the first time)

click play

give an email to verify

re-launch game (without verifying email)

click play

attempt to re-send account activation email

• Developer

Hello,

This is caused by a nasty bug on our side.  Several accounts are in a bad state like yours, we are looking into an automated way of repairing it, but haven't finished that yet.

In order to get you back in the game we need to know some information you used to register (like your steamid or email address used to register the account).

Please send this to livesupport@kleientertainment.com also please include a link to this thread so the guys will know to forward the information to me!

I'm sorry about this inconvenience, we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Hello,

This is caused by a nasty bug on our side.  Several accounts are in a bad state like yours, we are looking into an automated way of repairing it, but haven't finished that yet.

In order to get you back in the game we need to know some information you used to register (like your steamid or email address used to register the account).

Please send this to [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> also please include a link to this thread so the guys will know to forward the information to me!

I'm sorry about this inconvenience, we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thank you MarkL for the rather quick reply, The issue has been resolved for me as the email account I was initially using has started working again and thus I have been able to verify my email. Sorry to have troubled you with this case.

Archived