I want to make my mod character nocturnal

TUNING.SANITY_NIGHT_LIGHT = 0/60

TUNING.SANITY_NIGHT_MID = 0/60

TUNING.SANITY_NIGHT_DARK = 0/60

TUNING.SANITY_DAY_GAIN = -8/60

I put this code to make my custom character nocturnal and I played as a guest in other player's server.

This custom character has no problem.

The real problem is that other characters decrease their sanity during the day too.

And they also can create my mod character's own Item.

I want to put these features only on my character.

When I put all codes in common_postinit or master_postinit, it did not changed.

What I have to do on this?

Do I need to add some special code with them?

Edited by Conker446

@Conker446, Any changes to TUNING like you're doing will always affect all players, unless you're changing tuning values that specifically mention a player (e.g. TUNING.WOLFGANG_START_MIGHTY_THRESH).

As for what you want to do, if you look at Wolfgang, he has the night part you want:

inst.components.sanity.night_drain_mult = 1.1

So you can set that to zero to remove night drain entirely. Looking at the sanity component, though, it looks like this multiplier is also applied to the day value, so you'll probably have to use an approach like Willow's gaining sanity from fires:

local function sanityfn(inst)	local x,y,z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()		local delta = 0	local max_rad = 10	local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(x,y,z, max_rad, {"fire"})    for k,v in pairs(ents) do     	if v.components.burnable and v.components.burnable.burning then    		local sz = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY    		local rad = v.components.burnable:GetLargestLightRadius() or 1    		sz = sz * ( math.min(max_rad, rad) / max_rad )			local distsq = inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v)			delta = delta + sz/math.max(1, distsq)    	end    end    return deltaend	inst.components.sanity.custom_rate_fn = sanityfn

Without testing this at all, I think this rewrite of Willow's function should do what you want:

inst.components.sanity.custom_rate_fn = function() if TheWorld.state.isday then return -8/60 else return 0 end end

Edit: And ALL of this should be in the master_postinit, since only the host has the actual sanity component.

Edited by rezecib

@Conker446, Any changes to TUNING like you're doing will always affect all players, unless you're changing tuning values that specifically mention a player (e.g. TUNING.WOLFGANG_START_MIGHTY_THRESH).

As for what you want to do, if you look at Wolfgang, he has the night part you want:

inst.components.sanity.night_drain_mult = 1.1

So you can set that to zero to remove night drain entirely. Looking at the sanity component, though, it looks like this multiplier is also applied to the day value, so you'll probably have to use an approach like Willow's gaining sanity from fires:

local function sanityfn(inst)	local x,y,z = inst.Transform:GetWorldPosition()		local delta = 0	local max_rad = 10	local ents = TheSim:FindEntities(x,y,z, max_rad, {"fire"})    for k,v in pairs(ents) do     	if v.components.burnable and v.components.burnable.burning then    		local sz = TUNING.SANITYAURA_TINY    		local rad = v.components.burnable:GetLargestLightRadius() or 1    		sz = sz * ( math.min(max_rad, rad) / max_rad )			local distsq = inst:GetDistanceSqToInst(v)			delta = delta + sz/math.max(1, distsq)    	end    end    return deltaend	inst.components.sanity.custom_rate_fn = sanityfn

Without testing this at all, I think this rewrite of Willow's function should do what you want:

inst.components.sanity.custom_rate_fn = function() if TheWorld.state.isday then return -8/60 else return 0 end end

You are my savor!!