A handfull of ideas (Not overpowered)

So,i have been thinking,

We need renewable rocks,some not too much,but people like my friend had rock island with two rocks..

He couldnt even make third crock pot and he had just one turbo farm.

By the way,i have been thinking this:

Rock Renevability:

Rock Farm:

Constructed using a

20 Logs (Or more) (For the fence)

4 Ropes ( To tie it )

Shovel ( Not sure if it should be )

It would take lot of space.

A lot.A manureload of space.

It would have sight outline of logs,and rough dirt.

Every day a chance for 0-5 Rocks to appear.But most of the chance is for 2 to appear.

It would spawn as the lowest tier rock,meaning you would still have to mine it with a pick.

Or it could spawn as a pickable,like a grass,taking its time.

It wouldnt spawn more rocks when there would be 5,if it overexceeded the limit,it would not spawn any.

Quarry

Constructed using:

6-8 Boards

6 Stone Bricks

8 Charcoal

10 Rope

2 Gold Nuggets

What would it do?

Well,it would not be such a huge thing,but mostly,its not free source.

You would have to feed it fuel,like coal or logs.

After that,it would get %.

At reaching 100%,it would spawn what a rock would,like:Feeding it 4 Logs would make it spawn 4 Rocks 1 Flint and 1 Gold Nugget

It would have a furnance,and a wooden outline,with having long rope way down.

Prospectors Table

6 Boards

3 Ropes

What would it do?

Well ,that is simple!You would place a rock on it.Now , equip a hammer,and smash it.Boom!You get what the rock contained.Flint,gold,possibly more metal if added.(See below)

The hammer would take 5% Off,or just one use.

Now , more complicated things,wich i dont think that should be added,but we need more of these:

Iron

Crushing a rock with prospectors table,or just mining rocks generaly would give it to you.(I personaly prefer if you would need to crush it,because metals are hidden in the rocks)

For what could it be used?Not considering it could make an excelent helmet,wich would protect you from same damage,like football helm (Same as,or if the football one got down a bit in protection) an armor(Consdering IRON is stronger than WOOD,it would be powerfull as logsuit now,but logsuit would go down like football helm) a sword(Cmon,we need more weapons) or some things like a Bunny cage(If we have bird one from gold)

It would be smelted in:

A forge

Simple as hell,would take like 3x What crock pot takes,but without twigs.

It would needed to be heatened with about 3 Charcoal,then it could smelt as many thing before going out.

Like iron,wich shouldnt be cooked,or gold , wich would make excelent gold bar for better refining,or even if we get more metal,like copper or tin.

But,if you cook anything else,you would get some ashes (If it would be flameable),or possibly not just letting it cook.

Anyways,thats about it.

Post feedback in the comments bellow,let me know what you think.

Okay, I'll see what I can do to answer this massive post... ;)

First off, in reference to your suggestions for making boulders, or stones/flint/gold ore renewable... I don't know. This doesn't seem like the way to go for me. In other threads two suggestions I felt best allowed for a natural restoration of these resources was either:

1) Underground Caverns - Where boulders, while still finite, would be very plentiful.

2) Volcanic/Lava Biome - An area covered in lava pools, steam vents, and prone to earth tremors. During an eruption boulders could be hurled from the lava pools to land around the biome. This would create an infinite source of new boulders. Eruptions could occur every 30+ days or when the world map reports a boulder shortage (i.e. 10 or fewer boulders).

These ideas just seem a bit more natural to me.

Iron

Crushing a rock with prospectors table,or just mining rocks generaly would give it to you.(I personaly prefer if you would need to crush it,because metals are hidden in the rocks)

For what could it be used?Not considering it could make an excelent helmet,wich would protect you from same damage,like football helm (Same as,or if the football one got down a bit in protection) an armor(Consdering IRON is stronger than WOOD,it would be powerfull as logsuit now,but logsuit would go down like football helm) a sword(Cmon,we need more weapons) or some things like a Bunny cage(If we have bird one from gold)

Iron ore has been suggested, so you can consider it a popular idea that other players want to see in the game. Usually I suggested iron ore be only found uncommonly throughout the underground caverns biome, to limit player access to it early on in the game. Also, along with coal, it could be used to create steel (i.e. super-heat the iron ore with the coal).

As for what could be manufactured... sure a helm is one option. As for armor... I'm reluctant to create a straight invention system that involves "one-upping". Rather I would like to see iron/steel be used to craft something different than just another suit of armor. What about an old-timey diving suit? For exploring underwater biomes? :)

Swords... meh. And I say this not to be flippant, it's just like what I said with the armor. We have the spear and it's our melee weapon. If you want to add the sword you need to sell it as something more than: does more damage, attacks faster, more durable. Why? Because then the game will devolve into a system of one-upping tech. Or, to quote Minecraft: wood sword => stone sword => iron sword => gold sword => diamon sword... bleh. That's far too boring IMHO.

Bunny cage? Sure why not? But what would it do? After all, the bird (i.e. bird cage) gives you seeds from feeding it fruit/vegetables. Personally I always assumed we would create a device that needed "bunny power" (i.e. running wheel) and you needed to feed the rabbit carrots to make it run and power the device. :p

A forge

Simple as hell,would take like 3x What crock pot takes,but without twigs.

It would needed to be heatened with about 3 Charcoal,then it could smelt as many thing before going out.

Like iron,wich shouldnt be cooked,or gold , wich would make excelent gold bar for better refining,or even if we get more metal,like copper or tin.

But,if you cook anything else,you would get some ashes (If it would be flameable),or possibly not just letting it cook.

The questions is, do we need ingots? Right now Klei is cutting corners by allowing us to fashion gold tools from gold ore. Couldn't we just continue doing this with any new ores? The only ingot I would think to see is steel ingots because in order to create steel you would need to "combine" iron ore and coal. Of course a crafting formula that includes coal and iron ore could skip that process too.

For first,

I never said it should be a iron sword or that,i said it could be,or it should be something like that.

Bunny Cage could..Umm..I dunno...Uh...

Yeah!Bunny cage should totaly be alternate power source t..Nothing.

Uhm...Bunny cage should totaly run a conveyor belt wich would carry items over..Wait this aint minecraft.

Oh yeah!It should be used to run a science machine/Alchemy Machine for some recipes,like the basic stuff should still be fine,but some things like Meat Effigy would require certain amount of Bunny Power to resarch.

Or it could be unlockable from beginning(Having more tiers later on?Like make the second one from Gold/Iron in my suggestion case) it would be when a bunny reaches certain bunny power after spinning on wheel for some seconds,the machine will be powered up and will crush anything into RPs,or later on just to resarch things.The carrot would be in front of the rabbit on a string and the rabbit would try to get it,however it would have certain disadvantage like ..lets say the rabbit gets tired,it breaks from being overused or he will just stop/Eat the carrot,requiring you to give him the carrot,or give to the machine new carrot.

For the Forge suggestion,i just feel that its better to use Ingots,but i know it would take some time,well,for first,it would tweak the tools,for second it would be nice to feel that we dont just use random chunks to make extremely soft i meant hard tools.