Get Elements Outside of View

I'm trying to have moving/destructable objects (such as animals, 'king' monsers, players, etc etc) show up on the minimap. Grabbing them and having them display isn't an issue... the issue is in the fact that once they are no longer within my view (the tiny radius around me), i can no longer track them.

I haven't done any previous modding for DS, so i'm not familiar with how the minimap loads its contents. I fear that it loads changes only on view, thus making 'tracking' anything impossible.

Any pointers on how to 'follow' objects would be great!

Thanks for the help

~EB

Unfortunately our ability to work with the minimap is very limited. I'd imagine there isn't a way to do what you're trying to do at all :(

Although if you just add minimap icons for the things you want, it will cache their last known location on the map. It seems to bug out for a few things (mainly mushrooms?), but mostly it works. Here's a mod that does a ton of them: MoreMapIcons.zip

Edited by rezecib

Unfortunately our ability to work with the minimap is very limited. I'd imagine there isn't a way to do what you're trying to do at all :(

Although if you just add minimap icons for the things you want, it will cache their last known location on the map. It seems to bug out for a few things (mainly mushrooms?), but mostly it works. Here's a mod that does a ton of them: attachicon.gifMoreMapIcons.zip

I figured as much :/  I had followed the example of other mods that add minimap stuff for collectables (like mushrooms and the such) and other animals, but i believe those mods only stored the last location when displaying them on the minimap.

For some reason, with the players/characters, they only stay on the map for me when they are within view.

Oh well. It was a shot. I just hope its one of the things in the works (minimap sharing/friend finding, etc etc)