Lag is Unbearable

I just got out of the worst DST game I have ever played. I know lag is going to be an issue and it is beta I understand that, but I didn't expect it to be THAT bad. It would help if the world lagged with me but no I had to stand in place while being eatten alive by hounds. And nothing like running in place for five minutes straight. Now I'm not a angry guy but this got my goat and shook it like a prom night mother, until it couldn't breath.

Usually lag for me isn't a problem, I skip across the screen I laugh and move on but not this time.

I don't blame the host even though that's the problem but I think the game should migrate hosts.

If the game host was switched to a better one automatically the lag would be significantly reduced.

If you guys have other suggestions that have to do with lag put them here, I would like this topic to be the lag feed back section. TO HELP improve... and maybe complain.

If you desire to, you can host your own server without any of the server setup stuff. You will not experience any lag, and maybe there is other players will find your server to have a small amount of lag. Sorry I don't know anyway to help your lag when you join other servers. There is a trick to turning off move prediction, but it will not help you with the kind of lag you are describing.

Didn't want to start another lag thread so sort of tagging it on here as it is a similar problem.

I had lag on most servers so i did as suggested and hosted my own. Some people joined and they had to leave instantly for lag as they had pings in the high 300's, however at one point there was me+3 and each of them only had 32~50 ping, yet they were still having lag difficulties. I am not a computer whiz so it might be obvious but every other game i have played if you have a ping that low you should be lag free by some way.... Thoughts?

If you desire to, you can host your own server without any of the server setup stuff. You will not experience any lag, and maybe there is other players will find your server to have a small amount of lag. Sorry I don't know anyway to help your lag when you join other servers. There is a trick to turning off move prediction, but it will not help you with the kind of lag you are describing.

Yes I know I can start my own server but that doesn't help the others because they will experience it if I have terrible internet. Anyone right now can make a server but most do not have adequate internet to support more then one person without terrible lag. You might as well just play by yourself which is not what we're suppose to be doing in a game that's called Don't starve Together.   Mmmm I see what trick? It's actually kinda annoying glitching across the screen I would rather just freeze in place.

Mmmm I see what trick? It's actually kinda annoying glitching across the screen I would rather just freeze in place.

Turning off move predication would help with fighting. It looks to me like it is trying to compensate lag at all times. Without turning this off, a pig can hit you where you were a split second ago and not where you actually are. 

The reason this doesn't work for me is because my problem is the lag spikes and the rubberbanding across the screen. Freezing in place also will continue to happen to me even when move prediction is turned off. You can turn off move prediction to help you in fights, but it won't save you from real lag.

If you were on a public server? Did you check the ping of the server before joining? Because it really does make a huge difference playing on a 66 ping server, vs a 250+ ping one.

Although, I too have had instances of stuck in place/rubber banding lag while being completely wrecked by hounds/tentacles (and one time, even ONE bee - and I'd started at full health when he first was attacking me LOL)

Archived