Want To Know What Happens When Players Join A Restarting Server?

Someone wanted to know what happens when a player joins right when the restart timer is ticking? I happen to have the answer. I'm sorry but I can't seem to remember who it was that asked this question, and I've also tried to search for the post asking exactly that but couldn't find it at all. 

And so, here's what I found out.

I coincidentally joined a dedicated survival server, and picked Wickerbottom. But when I was supposed to appear in-game, it returned to the character screen with all the in-game UIs and then I could hear the server's restart timer. Image below. 

post-474697-0-47617800-1417896064_thumb.

I tried to chat and said "uh oh", and the chat message appeared on the chat box and also on top of the center of my screen, like it normally would in-game when you chat normally. I tried to move with WASD and the screen seems to scroll but my character won't move from its position. I could tell this by the "uh oh" text that supposedly should appear on top of my character is scrolling through the screen whenever I tried to move. Sadly I don't have an image of that specific event.

Soon after the timer stopped, the whole screen clears and then world generation process starts. World gets generated and I spawn on the map, along-side all other previous players on the server would now spawn in one after the other.

Hope that clears some 'what-if's about survival servers and their restart timer. Thanks for reading, cheers!

Archived