Cannibals

I think it might be fun to have cannibals much like the pigs. They could have tiki masks and maybe like blue or red skin to keep them from looking too human. They could have a leader like a shaman who can use voodo in graveyards, ( I feel like the graveyard could have more potential) maybe you could make a mask and befriend them too? Also maybe you can get a staff that can reanimate dead creatures? Before I go too far on a tangent, thoughts anyone?

I think it might be fun to have cannibals much like the pigs.

I don't mean to alarm you... but the pig men are already cannibals. They eat hams... and don't even care that they came from the corpses of fallen comrades. It makes me sick! :p

They could have tiki masks and maybe like blue or red skin to keep them from looking too human.

Feel free to work more on this suggestion. Could you describe more how they look? Where would they live? How do they interact with the player? Do they trade with the player? Can you "hire" them? Do they hate the pig men?

They could have a leader like a shaman who can use voodo in graveyards, ( I feel like the graveyard could have more potential)

Maybe... not too sure about shaman/vodoo magic. You'll need to provide more details.

maybe you could make a mask and befriend them too?

Sure, why not? What would it be made from?

Also maybe you can get a staff that can reanimate dead creatures?

Nah, I wouldn't want undead minions... too RPG for my tastes.

I don't really dislike this idea, but it doesn't strike me as something that this game needs. I do, however, agree with you that graveyards have so much untapped potential. I was totally expecting zombies when I first found a graveyard and avoided camping near one for the longest time until I finally realized they were harmless.

Yes I have seen the piggys munch on other piggy butts, the problem i have with the pigs is they are something in the game that i dont fear. I stay away from them at full moon and dont feed them monster meat, other than outright attacking them they seem to just let you walk around in their camps and do what ever you like. They even guard you if you happen to run back too them with a monster comeing after you at the cost of their own life! Id like too see a group that you fear too brake their camp or have a party of them find your camp at night. thats something Id fear. Imagine feeling safe in your camp at night only to have a bunch of torch/ spear holding cannibals happen by your camp.

But as for looks I dont have a scanner but something like this http://aprilialove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/TikiMan.jpg I didnt make this all rights and respects to its creator, but I like the idea that you can trade say gold too them for meat or trinkets for research. Too do it though you would have to have a tiki mask to keep them from being hostile and wanting to kill you on sight.

As for the mask I think it would be a easy make. 1 board 1 rope 2 black feathers and 2 red.

As for the Shaman maybe they guard the graves so its not such easy pickings, I like the ghosts but they are easy to get around and dont seem to bother you if you walk away far enough. The Shaman could curse you if he strikes you and makes your hunger meter speed up a bit until you off the shaman? That way it keeps you from farming the graves too Soon in the game.

As for bringing things back too life I was thinking more of not under your control, say you killed a tall bird for meat or its egg but you want it back Sooner for more meat or so it can make more eggs Sooner, Or say you have a pig who you like and he gets killed you can bring him back?

Sorry it was so vaque at first but I was on lunch at work and didnt have much time but wanted too get it out of my head before I forgot.

True this is something i doubt is needed in the game but its something too think about maybe in the future, maybe DLC Id pay for it.

Edited by deepthinker

I was totally expecting zombies when I first found a graveyard and avoided camping near one for the longest time until I finally realized they were harmless.

But did you want zombies? I personally don't want them. I've got zombies out the ying-yang right now in other games and I think the Devs have the opportunity to provide us with original creatures. In a funny coincidence, I was watching the Yogcast during their Let's Play Don't Starve and during the 2nd episode they comment about zombies and how lame it would be if they were added.

Now ghosts are another matter... :)

Id like too see a group that you fear too brake their camp or have a party of them find your camp at night. thats something Id fear. Imagine feeling safe in your camp at night only to have a bunch of torch/ spear holding cannibals happen by your camp.

Well it certainly wouldn't be pleasent, that's for sure. I had enough trouble that one time a treeguard chased me around my camp fire all night long. :)

I like the idea that you can trade say gold too them for meat or trinkets for research. Too do it though you would have to have a tiki mask to keep them from being hostile and wanting to kill you on sight.

Keep in mind that the research point system is going to disappear in January, so it may not be a good idea to add content to the game that only serves the purpose of unlocking RP.

As for the mask I think it would be a easy make. 1 board 1 rope 2 black feathers and 2 red.

Okay.

As for the Shaman maybe they guard the graves so its not such easy pickings, I like the ghosts but they are easy to get around and dont seem to bother you if you walk away far enough. The Shaman could curse you if he strikes you and makes your hunger meter speed up a bit until you off the shaman? That way it keeps you from farming the graves too Soon in the game.

Well anything is possible. So the Shaman sounds a lot like that gypsie from "Thinner"... making your hunger go out of control.

As for bringing things back too life I was thinking more of not under your control, say you killed a tall bird for meat or its egg but you want it back Sooner for more meat or so it can make more eggs Sooner, Or say you have a pig who you like and he gets killed you can bring him back?

Would we need to bury them first? And would this mean corpses stick around? What way would you use to determine what's be resurrected?

No more RPs eh? Well that makes the Shaman Idea kinda moot. Meh oh well I still stick by the pack of crazys Idea. I also agree I think i have had my fill of zombies and enjoy the things the devs make alot more. On a side note I think the ghosts could look a little more menacing, I feel a little like pacman when they chase after me.

On a side note I think the ghosts could look a little more menacing, I feel a little like pacman when they chase after me.

Well I don't know if we need to revamp their appearance, but that's just me. What I would like is if they were more effective enemies. There have been several suggestions in the past on how this could be accomplished. For example, in a discussion thread about "weather" I suggested that on foggy days ghosts should spawn from the graves during the day and attack any living creatures in the immediate area.

Another idea I had was, what if ghosts cannot appear during the daylight hours, but at night for every grave you dug up a ghost spawns and starts hunting you. When the sun rises they sink into the ground and the ground becomes "dead" or darkened. Then they could find you Sooner or later...

I like that idea, kinda keeps you on your toes.

Im not sure if it was talked about yet but what will graves be used for once RPs are gone? I know you can dig up gear once in a while but I imagine they will have to give colored buttons another use.

Right now the only grave item that has a new purpose is the Amulet. Not to mention it glows.

As for all the other items... they'll need to be repurposed or else the only other use for them will be as gifts to the pig king. I would rather hope there will be other uses than just that one.

I think graveyards should be a dangerous place. I personally wouldn't mind a zombie or two, but if everyone else is tired of them, then perhaps some different forms of ghosts or other less mainstream undead creatures?

I think it might be fun to have cannibals much like the pigs.

If you give a pig the skin of their dead friend, they will happily eat it and love you. It's true in real life, and in Don't Starve.

On the Topic: When I read your post, I envisioned not human-pig cannibals, but rather a pig cult.

Perhaps they could perform sacrificial rituals, where one pig will bravely step up as Maxwell drains the life out of them. Could be part of the storyline planned by the devs :)