So I just had my first Deerclops encounter

He completely ravaged my base, and now he won't leave the spot.

I had read around the DS Wiki about Deerclops, and from what I understood, has some sort of "smash quota" that he needs to fulfill before he leaves. So he had destroyed my base, now why doesn't he go and destroy other things? He's just kind of chilling there not doing anything, and I can't pick anything up or try to rebuild because he'll just smash it again.

Why is this happening?

He will linger around in the same genreal area until he finds something else to smash, or if you kill him.

If you feel like you cant kill him, try hitting him only once, then run away and lead him in to a swamp with tentacles, to a few tree guardians or maybe a big heard of beefalos. They will help you with the work :)

Beware though, deer clops will probably kill some of them before he dies.

And if you need to prepare before leading him away, build a new smaller camp a little bit away. And get your stuff when he is gone.

He will linger around in the same genreal area until he finds something else to smash, or if you kill him.

If you feel like you cant kill him, try hitting him only once, then run away and lead him in to a swamp with tentacles, to a few tree guardians or maybe a big heard of beefalos. They will help you with the work :-)

Beware though, deer clops will probably kill some of them before he dies.

And if you need to prepare before leading him away, build a new smaller camp a little bit away. And get your stuff when he is gone.

Thank you for the advice! :-) I'll try to lead him away.

All though.. there's some trees and a whole nest of pengulls right about next to him and he doesn't seem to aggro them at all.. Does he tend to spare pengulls or something? Haha.

You found a deerclops !! I can't find even one single giant. But i found  a birchnut tree monster is it consider as a giant ? i found this guy because i cut down lots of birchnut tree. If this guy is consider as a giant do i have to do something that trigger the other giant to come out ? 

Well it seems that either the pengulls had left or the Deerclops swiped them off the map after all. It just might've taken him some time I suppose, haha. I tried to lure him in to a swamp but he just came back to my base. >.<

It seems that winter's just ended, though, so I believe he's gone for now (at least I hope).

As for your situation, @MrKob, well I'm not quite sure about the giants. I haven't gotten far enough in RoG yet. I am pretty sure the Birchnut monster is not a giant, though. They just seem to spawn at random (?) times during their respective seasons.

Oh, and again, thank you for your advice, ctpCalavera. Much appreciated!

Archived