[Server Crash] - Server World Deleted After Hotfix 116842

cj3003

Bug Submission:

Category: Server Crash

Issue Title: Server World Deleted After Hotfix 116842

Issue Description: My and my brother had been playing for a few hours on a server I created. The next day, we both downloaded the new update, and decided to play again. I was about to host our server again, but saw that both of my server worlds were gone. I know I hadn't deleted them. I tried restarting my game a few times, but nothing worked.

Steps to Reproduce: All I did was update my game, and then my worlds were gone. I don't really have any steps, I'm sorry.

• Developer
Hi @cj3003,

We had to turn off Steam cloud because of some world save issues, and this seems the offshoot. While we try to not break existing stuff with updates, it can happen - being in beta.

Unfortunately I failed to add this to the patch notes, which has now been rectified.

As mentioned (now) in the patch notes I think you can restore what you had going before the update by copying the cloud files to the local save directory.

Please be aware that this will undo any progress made since the update.

Also please know that this method may fail so you might want to back-up the save directory (Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether) beforehand.

The cloud save should be stored (assuming you installed it in the default location) here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata

In there is (hopefully one) directory with a long number (your steam ID)

...In there again will be a directory "322330".

......and in there should be a "remote" folder.

If you copy all the files in this directory (including subdirectories) to your local save folder (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save) you should be at the point you were at before the update.

Thanks,

Kaj  :oops: 

Hi @cj3003,

We had to turn off Steam cloud because of some world save issues, and this seems the offshoot. While we try to not break existing stuff with updates, it can happen - being in beta.

Unfortunately I failed to add this to the patch notes, which has now been rectified.

As mentioned (now) in the patch notes I think you can restore what you had going before the update by copying the cloud files to the local save directory.

Please be aware that this will undo any progress made since the update.

Also please know that this method may fail so you might want to back-up the save directory (Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether) beforehand.

The cloud save should be stored (assuming you installed it in the default location) here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata

In there is (hopefully one) directory with a long number (your steam ID)

...In there again will be a directory "322330".

......and in there should be a "remote" folder.

If you copy all the files in this directory (including subdirectories) to your local save folder (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\save) you should be at the point you were at before the update.

Thanks,

Kaj  :oops: 

Thank you very much, I got my saves back! I appreciate your help, Bizziboi!

Archived