My thoughts about the game so far.

I thought the game is really fun and addicting (to an extent). There does seem to be something that makes me want to play it less and less each day though. I think that there should be some equivalent to a quest board so that there would be something to do (maybe with some payout as well), like "Hunt 5 crows" or something and it gives gold nuggets or some options (maybe some "quest points" to spend on items). it's missing that factor that gives the game its wild streak to it. Maybe people can start a quest topic or something and have people give fun quests with no reward except what can be acquired by said quests. I think it may be the fact that we can create a specific spot where we can stay at without dying for long periods of time is what's throwing me off.

Overall I find this game to be worth what I spent on it I would rate it a 9/10 ;) , which is quite fantastic. It does seem to get repetitive after a while if you make a permanent settlement somewhere.

I thought the game is really fun and addicting (to an extent). There does seem to be something that makes me want to play it less and less each day though.

I know that feeling... it's the same one I could get from time to time while playing Minecraft. I would play it a lot, then eventually I reached a mental, or actual, content wall... become bored... and then I take a break. Since Don't Starve is still in Beta the Devs are busy adding new content and every 14 days you can expect new content.

I think that there should be some equivalent to a quest board so that there would be something to do (maybe with some payout as well), like "Hunt 5 crows" or something and it gives gold nuggets or some options (maybe some "quest points" to spend on items). it's missing that factor that gives the game its wild streak to it. Maybe people can start a quest topic or something and have people give fun quests with no reward except what can be acquired by said quests.

Ah, quests... the earliest versions of the game used to have this and then the Devs removed it. The reason...? Feel free to read up on it and other topics connected to the game in this Penny Arcade Report:

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/intrinsic-vs.-extrinsic-rewards-in-kleis-latest-game-dont-starve

It may help explain the situation.

I think it may be the fact that we can create a specific spot where we can stay at without dying for long periods of time is what's throwing me off.

Yup. The Devs are aware of the situation and call the action "turtling". To me turtling isn't a problem, it's a symptom. The cure is finding more reasons for players to explore beyond the base camp. We have a few reasons right now... visiting the pig king, harvesting reeds, fishing in ponds... but none of these are really important reasons to travel. Maybe with the coming of Winter the gameplay will change significantly enough to force players to change their behavior in new and interesting ways.

Overall I find this game to be worth what I spent on it I would rate it a 9/10 ;) , which is quite fantastic. It does seem to get repetitive after a while if you make a permanent settlement somewhere.

Well we all hope you'll keep playing and drop by the forums with more suggestions. :)

Hey there! You should totally read this article and this thread.

I hope it explains you some of the concepts devs are working on and their goals.

Do stay and explore our forum!

This is what happens when you take too long to write your post when answering questions. :p