[Crash] - Levels fail to start after last update

Bug Submission:

Category: Crash

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Levels fail to start after last update

Issue Description: As of this last update, I am unable to enter any level. It leaves the world map and I am stuck at a blank screen. I have loaded a saved game and started a new game as well and it doesn't seem to make a difference. Once at this blank screen, the only way to exit is to fully close the window and remove invisibleinc.exe from within Task Manager.

Please note that it was working prior to this patch, if that helps at all.

Steps to Reproduce: It is happening every time I enter a mission map.

Are any of you running 32-bit systems?

Seems like having 32-bit system became mauvais ton. Yes, mine is Win7 32-bit.

BTW, the latest patch seems like fixed the problem - game starts, and walls are visible now, but guards' bodies are not - only heads hovering in the air and boots stamping the floor.

I, too, am running Windows 7 32-bit.  After this last patch, the walls now appear about 50% of the time for me, and the guards have no bodies, as previously reported.

Update to my previous post.  Loading a saved level is correctly showing the walls and the odd guard appearance.  New instances, however, are still presenting the black screen and fail to load at all.

• Developer

Given that these issues are common to 32-bit systems I'm fairly confident it's related to memory allocation failures.  There were some additional assets added last update that probably exacerbated this, but in the hot-patch I disabled them (they are for a feature that hasn't yet been fully implemented), which is why you might have seen improvement after the recent patch.

Long story short though, this means there is no easy quick-fix, BUT we do have the aforementioned feature coming down the pipe which should vastly alleviate these problems for 32-bit systems.  I'm afraid I don't have a precise timeline on that for you, however.

Archived