Just a couple of Ideas

Hey, TimmyD here, I've been playing the game for a bit now, and loving it, it is a great game, and reading where you want to take the game, and it sounds great. just a couple of ideas though, if your looking to increase difficulty, how about adding a mob, that requires a certain tool or weapon to kill it, or a mob that doesn't flinch or have a pattern of attack where you can just run back to dodge the attack.

Also an idea with the sanity meter you mentioned, if beasts sleep near you or if you can hear them sleep through out the night while you go to sleep, giving you nightmares causing you to go insane faster.

one more thing, im not sure if it is suppose to or not but with the meat effigy, once used are the remains suposed to stay, because i cant find a way to remove them and they have become a hindrance to game play.

hope i posted something, diffrent that could help looking forward to a reply :D

if your looking to increase difficulty, how about adding a mob, that requires a certain tool or weapon to kill it, or a mob that doesn't flinch or have a pattern of attack where you can just run back to dodge the attack.

I don't think this would be all that fun as it would mean the players would need to create/carry a weapon just to deal with this new mob. There used to be a time when you needed the bug net to fight bees, but now it's only used to capture them alive. For now monster health and the damage theur inflict has been key factors in determining their difficulty, and these factors are balanced with other aspects as well (i.e. movement speed and number of spawned enemies).

Also an idea with the sanity meter you mentioned, if beasts sleep near you or if you can hear them sleep through out the night while you go to sleep, giving you nightmares causing you to go insane faster.

What, like crickets? I always hated how they kept me up at night while I was staying up at a cabin in the woods. :p

Right now there hasn't been much revealed as to what will cause insanity... although fighting or meeting certain creatures has been suggested as one possibility.

...but the remains of a Meat Effigy can be removed with a hammer, I think.

Confirmed.