[Balance] - Heatstones lose durability even if they are not in players inventory

Hypocrite

Bug Submission:

Category: Balance

Issue Title: Heatstones lose durability even if they are not in players inventory

Issue Description: first things first: i don't know if this is a bug or if it's on purpose, so sorry in advance if i'm just wasting your time.

I've observed a decrease in heatstone durability even if it's just stored near a heat source (firepit, ...) and not carried by a player.

me and a friend stored a few heatstones in a chest next to our fire pit to be able to always be able to take a fresh one with us.

2 of the heatstones had 100% durability when we placed them in the chest and we didn't take these with us, but as some time passed the durability dropped and some heatstones, that we actually used and stored in the chest over the summer, even got destroyed.

Steps to Reproduce: build a chest near a firepit (or likely any other heatsource with heat up- and downturns).

craft a heatstone and store it in that chest. heat the firepit, then let it burn down, heat again, and so on (temperature needs to change).

watch the heatstone lose durability.

This isn't a bug. Thermal stones lose durability when they transition between hot/cold states. That being said, adding durability to thermal stones makes no sense to me and I wish they had not done it. try not to swear, try not to swear....

This isn't a bug. Thermal stones lose durability when they transition between hot/cold states. That being said, adding durability to thermal stones makes no sense to me and I wish they had not done it. try not to swear, try not to swear....

When you craft it they don't lose durability but when you heat them up or cool the down they start to lose durability.

Archived