New Tool: Hoe

If you could at a hoe, it would be cool.

It could be used on tall grass and double the amount of grass you get and give you a grass seed that you cannot eat, but replant. This would help get more material, and seeing as the shovel doesn't make any sense to dig a plant up without its roots and replant it, this would make sense.

What do you think?

• Like 1

If you could at a hoe, it would be cool.

It could be used on tall grass and double the amount of grass you get and give you a grass seed that you cannot eat, but replant. This would help get more material, and seeing as the shovel doesn't make any sense to dig a plant up without its roots and replant it, this would make sense.

I remember the hoe tool from Minecraft... of course it didn't have much to do with grass. In Don't Starve the key resource is grass tufts, which is dug-up with a shovel and replanted elsewhere. I don't know about you, but to me it seems like a job more suited to the shovel than to a hoe. I would primarily assume the hoe is used for churning soil rather than harvesting/uprooting plants.

In short, I don't think we need a hoe.

Creating a clone of yourself with boards, meat and beard hairs doesn't make sense either lol.

Well that's because the Meat Effigy is magic. MAGIC. Now rather than having me rant about my dislike of magic in the game... uh... I'll just end this sentence. :)

Well that's because the Meat Effigy is magic. MAGIC. Now rather than having me rant about my dislike of magic in the game... uh... I'll just end this sentence. :)

ahaha i like it..... and i also agree, a hoe is pointless, due to the fact that you already have a tool that can uproot grass and other things, however it would be nice to have more buildable objects

however it would be nice to have more buildable objects

Feel free to suggest some. I should however caution you that discussing barns and cabins (as single placeable objects) are a touchy subject, so if you do discuss them be sure you've read up on their past threads. Or discuss something entirely new. :)