I would love it if you could have more than one games saved at once. I mean, especially if you do youtube let's plays and you can't record at that time, but want to play, it would be great if you could just play one of your other save files. Also comes in handy if you are really far in the game, but just want a break from such a high round.

Tell me what you think, it would be great.

I think this might work if it was done per world, but would reduce the risk and excitement of clicking Create New World. Whenever you start a new game, you need to decide whether to play it safe in a world you know, or spend some time exploring.

IMO the magic of don't starve's magic is in it's ruthless desire to kill you, and allowing the player to have games in two or three worlds doesn't compromise that.

As you can well imagine multiple saves has come up before in discussion, and I have yet to see an official response. As such, it's pure speculation on my part, but I believe that the key reasons for a lack of multiple saves (even per world map) may be due to the fact that it allow multiple players to enjoy the same account. I mean, it's not the most effective way to abuse a single account, but by limiting each player to only one save then two or more players couldn't play at the same time unless they used the same game.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's my assumption.