An Alternative to Hunter (Incognita)

The preponderance of Daemons in the mid to late game missions often makes the Hunter Program absolutely essential. With the recent modifications to programs like Lockpick, Parasite etc, I'm wondering if we will be given an alternative to Hunter that is a viable option.

My suggestion would be to modify the Daemon sniffer to allow you to re-roll the Daemon (once per turn) that you are scouting. Thus you can chose to break the ICE when the Daemon generated is something you are comfortable with setting off.

Not a bad idea!  Personally, I prefer Daemon Sniffer to be left as is, (though perhaps lower the CD a bit) but I'd love to see a new program that does that...  call it "Scrambler" or some such.

Also note that we did get something in update 4 that helps us deal with Daemons...  Dr. Wu.  His ability can bypass daemons on drones, safes, laser walls, and sound bugs.  (though not nanofabs or console-type firewalls like detention center or vault controls)  That fact made him a must have (IMO) for endless mode

Dr Xu is the ultimate weapon against daemon and high-level firewalls. So at least for this forth patch, I no longer use Hunter anymore, Xu always do the trick. If Xu and the level exit are on the exact opposite side of the map (especially Extremely Guarded...) I might risk to take a couple of Daemons.

The game definitely needs more answers to Daemons. I'd personally like to see something that bumps a Daemon of one object and onto another at random. Or maybe a passive that reduces the strength of Daemons, either through reduction in turns the debuff is active, or lessening the effect they have.

Archived