[Gameplay] - Trapped in one room by a null drone.

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Trapped in one room by a null drone.

Issue Description: Started out the mission with Internationale and two other agents. Using wireless interface and peek I spotted a console, a safe, and a camera. The camera and the safe were covered by a null drone. After waiting a couple of rounds in the hope that the null would move off so I could disable the camera I gave up and opened the door. The camera spotted the person I sent. Deciding that the more strategic spot to take out the guard was in the starting room I backed through the door and placed my agents on either side. Instead of the guard coming through however the null drone entered. The null drone sat blocking the door, unable to attack, and blocking any guards from entering. My agents had only KO based weapons, so they were unable to take out the drone, and remained trapped in the room.

Steps to Reproduce: I imagine this will be pretty rare. You'd need a room with a single door, agents with no guns or other useful tools (do buser chips work on null drones?), and a null drone investigating the door space.

Not that rare apparently. Happened in my first game with the new patch.

Tiny start room with one door... Two null drones watching the door,  got seen, and made the mistake of running back inside. Drones blocked all three agents in, none of them with guns. Nothing I can do but watch security tick up and wait for the guards (who probably couldn't get in anyway). Game would probably never end.

Null drones either have to be vulnerable to KO or you should be able to run through them (I noticed two null drones can occupy the same spot).

Maybe even make them hackable with really high firewalls?

JC

I am not sure if this situation constitutes a bug. Also I don't think Null Drones can block you. It's simply bad luck and happens to all of us.

You can also use Dr. Xu to disable Null drones (this dude is absolutely amazing and can't imagine a playthrough without him anymore).

But sins you mentioned the starting room; After update 5 guard now walk into the room you start in, I mean on their very first turn, which is annoying, especially when this is an empty room, forcing you to take him out thus creating a rogue guard immediately. Provided that this isn't day 1 level 1 or 2 with an armored guard which is impossible to take out that early in the game. Happend to me twice now.

Archived