Filtiarn's suggestion thread

I will be posting up a couple of suggestions and in order not to create to many threads I decided to add them all into a compilation post.

Believe it or not but I hit the max char limit on my first post so I had to break it up :D. I also added something important to read to my third post (in red) so please do read it.

Legend

• button [x] - placeholder for the keyboard button that will be assigned upon the implementation of the idea (ex. ctrl, shift, alt, a, z, spacebar, etc..)
  • to be continued....

Simple suggestions

Non-aggressive Check Box

-add a check box to the main settings that will treat every neutral animal as friendly unit and the player will only be able to hit them when holding down Ctrl and attacking (the same way the friendly Pig Man target is treated)

Hardcore mode and Normal mode

-in hardcore mode the player will start with no Map and no Naughty'O'Meter and he will be unable to build intems that will be used to revive himself

-moster damage will be higher in hardcore mode

-player will not be able to replant something after he dugged it up (note: in this case you will need to hold ctrl down to dig out any plant to avoid accidents) - saw this suggestion in another thread, thought it might make sense in a Hardcore mode type game

Scared Beefalo

-left clicking a Beefalo while holding a torch will scare a Beefalo away, the Beefalo will run away in the opposite direction of the players position(note: Beefalo will not be able to leave certain map boundaries so that players will not be able to move the Beefalos across the map and into another biome)

Triggered trap

-left click + button will directly kill the animal inside and give you what it drops instead of the animal itself (how the old system worked)

Action bar tweaks

Pin option

-currently the action bar becomes messy very quickly due to how it works, adding a pin option to it will help to combat this and give some control and customization options to the user

-left click + button will activate or deactivate the pin option for a certain box (necessary to avoid any unwanted clicking on the pin button)

post-5417-13764589650482_thumb.jpg

post-5417-13764589650693_thumb.jpg

(simple visual example on how it can be implemented)

-rules that apply to a pinned action bar slot:

1. intems from the pinned slot will be consumed last if intems from the same type are present on your action bar/backpack but on a different slot
  2. the item slot will be filled first by the picked up items if they are the same type
  3. button + left click on pinned item slot while holding a different intem in your "hand" will replace/swap the intems (note: a normal click on a pinned slot will not replace/swap them)
  4. left click on pinned intem slot will remove the intems from the slot but a after image of the current pinned intem to the slot will remane (note: image will disapear upon unpinning the slot)
    post-5417-13764589664865_thumb.jpg

New raw matterials

Tar

-stack: 40

-extracted from Tar Pits

-used in making: Tar Torche

-Tar Pits will be found bubbling in the swamp biome, player will be able to extract tar from them while they are not bubbling

-Tar Pits will either have a cycle between bubbling and not bubbling or they will start bubbling after the player has extracted 2-3 instances of tar from them

Beefalo Fat

-aquired after killing a Beefalo

-each Beefalo will have a chance to drop 1-2 instances of Beefalo Fat

-used in making or refueling the Gold Oil Lamp

Krampus Soul Gem

-stack: 10

-aquired after killing the King Krampus

-used in making: Naughty'O'Meter; Lamp of Forgiveness; Live Dummy

Beeswax

-aquired from the Bee Box

-used in making: Book of Challenge; Candle(#8)

New intems

Christmas Decorations

-stack: 20

-recipe: (?)

-can be applied to a Pig's Man hut or a Tree to decorate them in the spirit of Chirstmas

-1 Firefly can be applied to the already decorated hut or tree to make the decorations on them light up for a set period of time

Tar Torch

-stack: 1

-recipe: 1 Tar; 3 Grass; 1 Twig

-burning duration time: 3x normal Torch (more or less? suggestions?)

-can be placed on a Torch holder

Torch Holder

-recipe: 2 Stones; 1 Wood; 1 Rope

-can be placed on the ground and it can be picked up without beeing destroyed

-a normal Torch or a Tar Torch can be placed on it to light up the surrounding area for the duration of the mounted torch

Gold Oil Lamp

-recipe: 2 Grass; 3 Beefalo Hair; 15 Gold Nuggets; 3 Beefalo Fat

-burning duration time: 2x normal Torch

-Beefalo Fat can be used on the lamp to increase the % value of the burning duration time; each instance of Beefalo Fat will add 35%

Lamp of Forgiveness

-recipe: 1 Krampus Soul Gem; 2 Beefalo Hair; 15 Gold Nuggets

-uses: 2 times; each time it will forgive 35% of the players current naughtiness points

-rub it hard and the Krampus spirit will come to forgive some of your naughtiness

Gold Brazier

-stack: 5

-recipe: 2 Rope; 3 Stone; 5 Gold Nuggets; 2 Charcoal

-burning duration time: 2x normal [Torch] initial; 4x normal [Torch] max

-will have to be placed in order to be light and be used; they will be destroyed in order to be removed once placed

-only Charcoal can be placed in the Gold Brazier; each Charcoal will increase burning time duration by 25%

-Gold Brazier has to be ignited with a Torch and will die down after 2x normal [Torch] burning time

-2 Charcoal pieces will be present in the Gold Brazier and 2 more can be put in it after the Gold Brazier was placed on the map for a max of 4 pieces/ brazier;

Hidden Chest

-only one allowed per world

-slots: 6

-recipe: 1 Chest; 1 Berry Bush; 2 Grass Tuft

-in hardcore mode King Krampus will be able to steal from the Hidden Chest

Map

-recipe: 1 Charcoal; 1 Twig; 4 Papyrus

-will act as the current map

Naughty'O'Meter

-recipe: 2 Papyrus; 1 Twig; 1 Krampus Soul Gem

-will act as suggested below

Dummy

-recipe: 4 Logs; 2 Boards; 6 Beard Hairs

-used to display your items and maybe something more?

Book of Challenge

-recipe: 8 Papyrus; 1 Rope; 2 Beeswax; 1 Krampus Soul Gem

-will act as suggested below

Will be adding more if I see people interested.

Edited by Filtiarn

<<Systems>>

Food effect system

coming Soon

Krampus system tweaks

Naughty'O'Meter

-a meter that will keep track of your naughtiness

-present in normal mode, not present but can be build in hardcore mode

╔═════╦═══════════════════════╗

║▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║

╚═════╩═══════════════════════╝

▒░░ - safe zone

▓▓▓ - the danger zone (in this zone there will be a random chance of a Krampus to spawn, chance that will increase as the naughtiness indicator will move further into that zone)

-when a Krampus or more have spawned a small Krampus icon will appear on the Naughty'O'Meter and it will stay there until Krampus leaves or is killed (note: the Krampus icon will contain a number that will idicate the number of Krampus'es that have spawned)

-meter resets to a degree after the Krampus leaves or is killed (note: in case of two or more Krampus monsters present the meter will only reset after they all leave or are killed)

More models, more fun

-3 distinct Krampus models with 3 different names and different abilities and intem drop will spice up the fun

-there will be a random chance to spawn any of them if just one or two Krampus appear but they will all be spawned when three appear

(to be continued..)

King Krampus

-game boss monster

-in normal mode he will appear after the player kills 50 baby birds

-in hardcore mode he will appear after the player acumulates 300 overall naughtiness points

-will have a 25% chance to drop a Sack and 100% chance to drop a Krampus Soul Gem (note: in normal mode there will also be a 25% for the normal Krampus'es to drop the soul gem as well)

(to be continued..)

Dummy system

-Krampus will be able to steal from the Dummy but not break it

-one weapon, one armor and one hat can be stored on the Dummy

-dummy rules:

1. left click - opens Dummy inventory
  2. left click + button A - equipes your character with what the Dummy has currently on it (note: if your character doesn't have enough space for all the intems on the Dummy then your character will equip intems untill he runs out of inventory space in this sequence : Weapon → Armor → Hat)
  3. left click + button B - swaps your intems with the Dummy's equipped intems (note: your equipped items will be transfered to the Dummy)

-Krampus Soul Gem can be used on the Dummy to conver it to a Live Dummy that will act as a Pig man and use the current equiped intems on it (note: Live Dummy will revert back to a normal Dummy after a period of time)

-only one Live Dummy allowed at a time

Seed system reworks

Neutral Seeds

-feeding a caged bird fruits or vegetables will give the player normal seeds (same seeds the player picks up), the higher the consumed plant the higher the chance the player will have to get more seeds

corn
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 30% chance of giving the second seed

carrot
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 45% chance of giving the second seed

pumpkin
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 70% chance of giving the second seed; 20% chance of giving the third seed

eggplant
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 70% chance of giving the second seed; 20% chance of giving the third seed

pomegrante
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 85% chance of giving the second seed; 30% chance of giving the third seed

durian
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 95% chance of giving the second seed; 42% chance of giving the third seed; 10% chance of giving the fourth seed

dragon fruit
- 100% change of giving the first seed; 100% chance of giving the second seed; 56% chance of giving the third seed; 23% chance of giving the fourth seed

Same plant seed

-same system as current but with some tweaks

corn
- 100% chance of giving the first seed; 80% chance of giving the second seed; 45% chance of giving the third seed

carrot
- 100% chance of giving the first seed; 65% chance of giving the second seed; 30% chance of giving the third seed

pumpkin
- 93% chance of giving the first seed; 45 chance of giving the second seed; 5% chance of giving the third seed

eggplant
- 93% chance of giving the first seed; 45% chance of giving the second seed; 5% chance of giving the third seed

pomegrante
- 88% chance of giving the first seed; 35% chance of giving the second seed; 2% chance of giving the third seed

durian
- 80% chance of giving the first seed; 25% chance of giving the second seed;

dragon fruit
- 78% chance of giving the first seed; 18% chance of giving the second seed;

Bee box tweaks

-every 9 honey harvests the Bee box will have a 12% chance of droping a Honeycomb

-every 3 honey harvests the Bee box will have a 27% chance of droping Beeswax

Book of Challenge system

I am still thinking about how this system should work in order to avoid some issues that the nomal quests mechanics bring. But the main idea of it is to be a random periodic quest giver that will give a reason to the player to embark on a 3-5 day dangerous journey throught the island in order to get a good and fancy reward. Some type of minigames most likely will occur during this journey to make things more fun.

Edited by Filtiarn

Food effect system suggestion. Why?

╔═════════════════════───────────────────────

║I know that it will be hard to believe without seeing but trust me when I say that the "Food effect system" that I am thinking of writing down will solve the main issue that the developers have with the food right now and that is - players tend to use only 1 type of food (usualy the most easiest to get) during the course of a game. I will also add that due to the complexity of the system I am still uncertain whether or not I should start working on it because I know for sure that it will involve a lot of time to tweak and refine in order for it to be at the implementation stage and I will not spend that much effort on it when I see to little feedback on simple suggestions because of the fear of it beeing completly ignored. I also know that the "balance diet" suggestion will not solve the entire problem because people will still gravitate to food that they can manage to get faster, it will just add to the equation at least 1 other food then the main source but the "Food effect system" will make people look into not just two or three types of food but instead it will give a reason for players to scavange, cook and eat all of them during the course of a game.

Unfortunately people have a misconception about how food works and I see them adding the logical premises by how they think the nutrients in food work to satiate the human body to their suggestions of dealing with the food problem. So let me make it clear that a human can live and develop on a non meat based diet and more often then not they will be more healthy. Most people make the mistake of thinking that the most nutriant food is a "stake" or something along those lines because it's big, it's juicy and your stomach feels full after you eat it, but that is not the case. Ever wondered why more people get food poisoning around Chirstmas time (or big events of this kind) and why most nutritionists recommend a meat free diet for a couple of weeks after such events? I can tell you that it's not the reason that you are thinking about because people still consume vegetables and fruit during those days. So why exactly are they still getting food poisoning then? It's because muscle meat is posioness to the human body when eaten and the human stomatch isn't made to diggest meat and the nutritionists know that, they know that your screwing yourself up but what can they do when it's a tradition? Muscle meat becomes that way because during times of stress, fear or large amounts of effort adrenaline (and other) is pumped into it so that the animal or human can overcome the situation. Those subtances later on become toxic if ingested. Now I know that it is a bit hard to understand at this point because I would need hundreds of pages to properly explain how things work so I will have to leave it at that but I will give you one more thing to think about. Body builders consume less then 5kg of meat per month and that meat often comes from chicken and they are working out to build muscle so starvation is out of the question. So how much meat do you consume? Do the math...

As I said, if you want this system to see the light of the day then I want to see people engaging in debates and conversations so that I know that I have people of whom I can bounce ideas off of rather then just adding a few comments here and there.

Non-aggressive Check Box suggestion. Why?

║Saw it as a suggestion in many different threads in all types of forms and ways but I think that the simplest way to implement it right now would be how I suggested. The system for it already exists and it only needs to be extended a bit.

Hardcore mode and Normal mode suggestion.Why?

║There will always be casual players and players that seek more of a thrill from a game. So why punish those players looking for more action when you can simply satisfy both at the same time with little amount of effort?

Scared Beefalo suggestion.Why?

║Many players have been in the situation where a rampant Beefalo or two starts crossing their domain because they built their base to close to this magnificent beats and many of them do not want to harm those kind souls. This simple fix will help players to avoid those kind of situations and keep their land for their own if they so choose. It will also provide a way for people to heard the large beast where they might want them to be.

Triggered trap suggestion.Why?

║I do not think that the developers of the game had in mind to give the player more workload with the recent change in traps. If I am right the new change was intended so that players could have a way to manage their naughtiness and maybe in the future a way for players to get live bunnys for something else. So why not add something like a control button for the traps that will help elevate the unneeded work. I know that many players would much appreciate this suggestion after they get the hang of it.

Pin system suggestion.Why?

║A easy to implement, easy to use system that would be very useful in dealing with a messy action bar. I do not know why it shouldn't be implemented.

To be continued...

Edited by Filtiarn

I like the pin suggestion. Sounds usefull, if they could make something like that.

It "sounds" that way doesn't it? :D

Why not make Beefallos forgiving for the first few hits?

If you hit him once, he will look angry. If you hit him again, he will attack.

Sounds interesting but it would make more sense as a precaution type system that would help deal with issues such as miss clicking and attacking a Beefalo

That's better ;>

Good to hear you like it ^ ^

Edited by Filtiarn