[General] - Saves don't work when My Documents is redirected to network folder.

Bug Submission:

Category: General
Platform: PC
Issue Title: Saves don't work when "My Documents" is redirected to network folder.
Issue Description: Esoteric bug to be sure but it seems you can neither load nor save if your documents folder is on a network share. Also preferences are not persistent across sessions.

Interestingly, if your documents folder is on a network share and you delete the entire "Klei" folder structure, the game will recreate the folder structure but will not place files inside it.
Steps to Reproduce: Start with a fresh install and local documents folder. Start game, set prefs, play tutorial. Now exit the game and move "My Documents" to a network share. Start game, prefs don't load and no save games are available.

Exit game, Move "My Documents" back to original, local location, start game. Prefs are loaded and save games are available.

• Developer

Thanks for the bug report!  I've fixed this on the development line, but it won't be in in time for today's (Oct 14th) update.  I did notice however that if you map your network share to a drive, there shouldn't be any issues (the bug was with parsing UNC paths).

Archived