[Gameplay] - Tallbird Parenting

Ridley

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay
Issue Title: Tallbird Parenting
Issue Description: When the smallbird hatches from the egg, it chooses the nearest player as the parent. When that player leaves, it has nothing to follow. When that player comes back, it refuses to follow ever again.

Can the smallbirds fly up into the sky or something until the player comes back? Maybe burn to the ground and then become reborn like Willow always wanted?

Teenbirds (possibly smallbirds too) also seem to have some stomach black hole. Eating food off the ground does not feed them and they will sometimes take 8 berries or 4 meat. Possibly more, that was all I had at the time. ( takes aspirin )

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Hatch smallbird egg
2. Disconnect
3. Reconnect
4. Wave goodbye to smallbird.

1. Get Teenbird
2. Try feeding it a stack of food on the ground.
3. Try feeding it food normally now, it should exceed the normal limit of required food.

Edit: Before the most recent patch, I could not send the tallbird to attack birds and rabbits just by clicking. I had to swing at something for him to get mad. After the patch, the tallbird stopped following me, so I do not know if this was addressed with the combat update.

Or wait, even better, have the shadow hands scoop? up the smallbird until reconnect.

Edit :It censored my old word... did I grossly miss spell it?

Edit Edit:Oh, apparently the internet has turned it into vulgar slang or something.

Archived