Re-skinning Help!

ive been through 50+ pages of threads and have yet to find a solution to my problem. because im new to modding i decided to edit one of the existing characters .tex files because all the tutorials ive read make it sound relatively simple; make a copy of the characters zip file found in the "anim" folder, open the tex file in textool, save the file as a png so you can open and edit it in an art program of your choice (i used photoshop), convert the edited file back to .tex and rename it  "atlas-0.tex" replace the .tex file in the previously copied zip folder, and replace the original character zip file with the now altered copy. (i still have the original zip file in a folder on my desktop) i thought i did everything right, but when i open the game and try to start a new game with the newly skinned character the screen goes black for a while before finally crashing. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? 

You have to declare your animation path inside your character's prefab lua.

local assets = {        [OTHER ASSETS]        Asset( "ANIM", "anim/YOURCHARACTER.zip" ),}

Also make sure your filenames are correct. 

Don't forget to edit the XML files to the name of your character, for example, open the YOURCHARACTER.xml file (create one if you don't have one) and it should look like this.

<Atlas><Texture filename="YOURCHARACTER.tex" />    <Elements><Element name="YOURCHARACTER.tex" u1="0" u2="1" v1="0" v2="1" /></Elements></Atlas>

Maybe you didn't see this tutorial but it will guide you step by step on how to create your own character.

Hope i helped.

Archived