[Exploit] - Having more than one parasite program installed is really OP

Bug Submission:

Category: Exploit

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Having more than one parasite program installed is really OP

Issue Description: The new parasite lvl 2 program is really great... a bit too great. Especially if you chose to start the game with a lvl 1 parasite.

For clarification, the Lvl 1 Parasite info says it's "Infect target to break 1 firewall per turn. 1 turn cooldown". Lvl 2 Parasite says "Infect target to break 2 firewall per turn."

I think the intention was that the lvl 2 parasite would replace the lvl 1 parasite. What ends up happening though is that if you use both of these parasites at the same time (say lvl 1 on one mainframe item and lvl 2 on another), Incognita will run through the parasite program TWICE, meaning you could take down more high firewall mainframe items in a single turn.

Furthermore, the lvl 1 parasite retains its 1 PWR cost and even takes on the properties of a lvl 2 parasite, that is, lvl 1 parasites take down 2 firewalls once you purchase a lvl 2 parasite. For example, I had used the a lvl 1 parasite program on a firewall lvl 3 item and a lvl 2 parasite program on another lvl 3 firewall item and next turn, BOTH were taken down.

I'm sorry this is a bit confusing, but do yourself a favour and purchase both lvl 1 and lvl 2 parasites to see what I'm talking about.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start the game with Parasite

2. Purchase Parasite Lvl 2 at a Nanofab

3. Use both parasites on two mainframe items (both firewall rating 3 or greater)

4. Watch parasites completely demolish the firewalls next turn

Archived