[Gameplay] - Evacuating with dragged guards stops turn progression

Bug Submission:

Category: Gameplay

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Evacuating with dragged guards stops turn progression

Issue Description: On a detention centre map, I had five characters trying to escape (four team members plus prisoner). I moved two team members and the prisoner into the lift. Importantly, both team members dragged KO'd guards with them into the lift. Both members were still dragging the guards (they had not been dropped) when I evacuated them.

All controllable characters in the lift were immediately taken out of play (as normal). The guards in the darkened lift suddenly were treated like they were KO'd and unattended (the ZZZ animation appeared above them.

After ending the turn, the two guards in the lift vanished. However, the enemy phase did not seem to progress beyond this - it seemed to halt, and the following player phase never arrived. My remaining two team members were stuck. I was able to see Internationale's refreshed AP range, possibly indicating it was the player phase, but no actions could be taken, and the 'end turn' button was hidden.

I tried to 'save and exit', and followed up by reloading the game. The game in progress could not be reloaded due to an error, but I was allowed to restart the level successfully.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. Use one team member to drag a KO'd guard into the exit lift. Do not drop the guard.

2. Use a second team member to drag another KO'd guard into the exit lift. Do not drop the guard.

3. Move the prisoner into the lift.

4. Evacuate lift.

5. End the turn (there must be at least one remaining team member to continue).

(issue might also occur with just one guard in the elevator, and with different combinations of occupants)

I believe I ran into the same situation when a guard investigated a "!" in the elevator.  He ran into the elevator, then he looked around and was still in the elevator at the end of the turn.  I ran my one agent into the elevator and escaped, because otherwise he was going to get spotted.  My intention was to play hide and seek with my other agent until the coast was clear, but as soon as I escaped, the same game frozen/paused thing that happened to you happened to me.

I believe I ran into the same situation when a guard investigated a "!" in the elevator.  He ran into the elevator, then he looked around and was still in the elevator at the end of the turn.  I ran my one agent into the elevator and escaped, because otherwise he was going to get spotted.  My intention was to play hide and seek with my other agent until the coast was clear, but as soon as I escaped, the same game frozen/paused thing that happened to you happened to me.

This has been discussed before. Actually on multiple threads.

Exiting the lift with guards runs a risk of permanently corrupting your game. Since the update, it could happen sooner than the third time. 

I'll be honest, once I saw this thread, I didn't think to look for a previous one...my bad. :indecisiveness:   Thanks truthseeker for the link to the other thread, it was an interesting read, but it leaves me with a question.  Is the freezing or stopping of turn progression the "fix" or "response" the development team came up with to counter the previous exploit?

Archived