Using a third agent?

Detention centre missions let you unlock an extra agent who will be added to your squad.

Sometimes you get a non-agent prisoner, and the post-mission screen gives you a cash bonus. Other times it's an agent who will be part of the team on future missions.

It's possible, but rare, to get a full team of 4 agents.

Ah, so when you see a detention mission on the map I assume it's good practice to go for that as soon as possible. Having three agents seems like a massive advantage.

What a mission offers (credits, items, etc.) scales with your progress. So they later in the game the better reward. However, detention missions and plan(?) missions (the ones that reveal more missions) do not scale with time, so getting another agent early would not only greatly increase your options, but it would not deter you from a, say high reward credit mission later on.

I'm currently on endless mode, if you've found your fourth team member, all four will be present during the mission. If you ever do a hostage rescue mission with all 4 agents, always remember that you will need 3 extra turns to get everyone out (the lift only can fit 4).

Oh and don't leave the hostage alone by himself (I.E., sending your agents out first), you don't get the bonus :\  Learned that the hard way, made sense though :p

I'm currently on endless mode, if you've found your fourth team member, all four will be present during the mission. If you ever do a hostage rescue mission with all 4 agents, always remember that you will need 3 extra turns to get everyone out (the lift only can fit 4).

Oh and don't leave the hostage alone by himself (I.E., sending your agents out first), you don't get the bonus :\  Learned that the hard way, made sense though :razz:

So as I learned just now, send the prisoner up FIRST, then wait the two turns for the lift to come down for those four agents. 

Archived