Do you want a poorly made lets-play by someone you don't know?

awgonin

Are you looking for a poorly made video with audio problems by someone giving commentary that would get a D+ at the most? Well this is the video for you. I Spent a whopping 5 minuets editing this, and doesn't that effort show? ;)

No but seriously any recommendations on how to get better would be appreciated, and i know my audio is to quiet. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf7Drr9RRBk

Edited by awgonin

I like how your voice sounds, you have a decent caster voice - for when I can hear it. I could listen to it for a long time or in the background without getting annoyed.

I also like your choice of character, she's one of my favorites. (Seriously keep playing Wigfrid.)

You could probably get an intro of some kind even if it's just music and a still picture. Don't make it last more than 5-7 seconds.

I would comment on the dialogue/commentary but the music is seriously drowning out your voice, and so are the games sound effects. Beefalos are nice, but I didn't really catch almost anything other than that.

Bring the mic closer to your face, turn up the mic boost, or turn down the games volume in the games settings when you record - that way your microphone isn't overpowered. Half of a Let's Play is not only the scenes and things that are going on with the player, it is their reactions that make it a good Let's Play. (Why I watch Game Grumps.) It makes me sad I hardly got to hear what you were saying.

Download a free audio editing program like Audacity or Gold Wave and do a couple test recordings of your microphone to see the volume, and ensure none of the games sounds are going into the mic. Then start recording on one of those programs in the background for however long you want the Let's Play to last and just play.

Once you're done recording, go to your audio software, delete any silence at the end of the track and then if you're on Audacity (You really should be) Select a point of the track where you're not speaking, go to the Effect drop-down menu along the top of the program and click Noise Removal. Then click "Get Noise Profile." Then select the ENTIRE AUDIO TRACK, (It helps if you zoom out) and click Noise Removal again. Then hit okay. That should remove most of the noise from your audio track.

Here are some pictures to help out!

Example.jpgExample2.jpgExample3.png

Secondly if you want to make it louder, select the entire audio track then go to effect, Amplify and turn up the dB until it sounds good to you. Then go back to effect and use the Compressor effect, be sure to COMPRESS BASED ON PEAKS.

Then all you need to do is edit the track over your LP and you're good to go.

I'm no audio engineer, but these steps should help your audio quality go up alot!

I hope this helped in some way!

I like how your voice sounds, you have a decent caster voice - for when I can hear it. I could listen to it for a long time or in the background without getting annoyed.

I also like your choice of character, she's one of my favorites. (Seriously keep playing Wigfrid.)

You could probably get an intro of some kind even if it's just music and a still picture. Don't make it last more than 5-7 seconds.

I would comment on the dialogue/commentary but the music is seriously drowning out your voice, and so are the games sound effects. Beefalos are nice, but I didn't really catch almost anything other than that.

Bring the mic closer to your face, turn up the mic boost, or turn down the games volume in the games settings when you record - that way your microphone isn't overpowered. Half of a Let's Play is not only the scenes and things that are going on with the player, it is their reactions that make it a good Let's Play. (Why I watch Game Grumps.) It makes me sad I hardly got to hear what you were saying.

Download a free audio editing program like Audacity or Gold Wave and do a couple test recordings of your microphone to see the volume, and ensure none of the games sounds are going into the mic. Then start recording on one of those programs in the background for however long you want the Let's Play to last and just play.

Once you're done recording, go to your audio software, delete any silence at the end of the track and then if you're on Audacity (You really should be) Select a point of the track where you're not speaking, go to the Effect drop-down menu along the top of the program and click Noise Removal. Then click "Get Noise Profile." Then select the ENTIRE AUDIO TRACK, (It helps if you zoom out) and click Noise Removal again. Then hit okay. That should remove most of the noise from your audio track.

Here are some pictures to help out!

Example.jpgExample2.jpgExample3.png

Secondly if you want to make it louder, select the entire audio track then go to effect, Amplify and turn up the dB until it sounds good to you. Then go back to effect and use the Compressor effect, be sure to COMPRESS BASED ON PEAKS.

Then all you need to do is edit the track over your LP and you're good to go.

I'm no audio engineer, but these steps should help your audio quality go up alot!

I hope this helped in some way!

Thank you. I do find myself rather incompetent in these matters so I do appreciate it. I've heard of audacity before but I've never really known what it was for. I have more experience with doing post commentary talking about things, which is something I plan to do for some games, but i know it would be rather inappropriate for this style of video. So next opportunity i get I'll try and record with your advice. Thank you. 

• Like 1