Mod "crashed!" status

I enabled the ModDebug log and pressed '~' during loading the mods and got the error that "The mod's api_version is 6, but your game is only 5".

I tried running the Klei Updater but the key I got from GoG is invalid.

I'm just going to buy it again on Steam (It's only $4 at the moment on the Steam sale) to save myself the hassle.

I enabled the ModDebug log and pressed '~' during loading the mods and got the error that "The mod's api_version is 6, but your game is only 5".

I tried running the Klei Updater but the key I got from GoG is invalid.

I'm just going to buy it again on Steam (It's only $4 at the moment on the Steam sale) to save myself the hassle.

If you have both vanilla and ROG expansion, make sure to type ROG key in updater 22 or it will complain about invalid key. I've no idea what happens if you never bought ROG, I asked that question when the original problem showed up (that is before GOG got ROG keys) but never got an answer.

If that doesn't help, you may want to post the updater issue under bug tracker forum instead of here, for better visibility.

If you have both vanilla and ROG expansion, make sure to type ROG key in updater 22 or it will complain about invalid key. I've no idea what happens if you never bought ROG, I asked that question when the original problem showed up (that is before GOG got ROG keys) but never got an answer.

If that doesn't help, you may want to post the updater issue under bug tracker forum instead of here, for better visibility.

I've just got vanilla Dont Starve.

I managed to get my key to work with the updater - there was a pesky blank space after the key that somehow got copy-pasted from GoG's site and that threw the whole thing off.

Please trim whitespace off the inputted keycode before validation occurs in the next klei updater version!

So all my mods are now working. Yay!

Archived