Hopefully there's a patch released today...

I've noticed that the release version of Reign of Giants is quite buggy. These bugs have been detailed in the bugs forum. Additionally, there is only 1 developer assigned to post-launch PC support for Reign of Giants. With the amount of bugs (particularly the AI bugs in bees, pigs, and merms), you'd think Klei would have moved over one or two more devs so a patch could be released much quicker to fix things that were not broken before the official release of the expansion. As it stands, I'm waiting for a patch before I even start playing again, because I don't feel like I'm getting a good experience with the game as is. I'm hoping to be able to return to the game today.

Why the obsession with it being released 'today'? SethR is working hard on this patch, and by the looks of it this will be a big patch. My guess is SethR is delaying the release precisely to cover as much ground as possible, since any bugs not squashed by this update will likely linger on for a long time, if not ever.

No obsession. Just a hope. As I said, I'm delaying playing the game until some bugs that I feel are pretty major are fixed. Others may not feel that way, and that's fine too. I appreciate your comment though, because what you're saying about it probably being a big patch that will address many issues rings true. Still, given that Klei has said it will most likely release this week "around mid-week," my hope is today. This is my one and only post/thread about it, so I'm not sure why you dubbed it an "obsession."

This is my one and only post/thread about it, so I'm not sure why you dubbed it an "obsession."

I called it an "obsession" due to the sense of urgency. I get wanting it to come soon, but asking for it this very day seems a tad excessive.

Archived