Mod request + question about biomes generation

First, my question!

Is it possible to tweak something in the files to make some biomes appear more than others, or even disable some? and if it is, why didn't Klei put this in the world customization?

Second, my mod request.

I'd like for someone to make a starting preset for summer.

Maybe have us start with an icebox with ice, cooling food and a melon hat!

It would match perfectly with a all summer, desert only game.

Anybody willing to do this mod?

Okay, so for your first question, yes it is possible.  To change the values of biomes, you have to modify the tasks for the level you want to modify. It takes a bit of digging around to figure out what everything is, but if you go into map/tasks.lua, everything is there.  All of the values next to the rooms are how often each one appears.  To modify them, you would have to create an override file for the tasks and copy each one with its custom mod values (don't quite know if this will work).

I don't know if that helps at all, but I hope it does.  Feel free to ask any other questions you have, and I'll try to help.

Okay, so for your first question, yes it is possible.  To change the values of biomes, you have to modify the tasks for the level you want to modify. It takes a bit of digging around to figure out what everything is, but if you go into map/tasks.lua, everything is there.  All of the values next to the rooms are how often each one appears.  To modify them, you would have to create an override file for the tasks and copy each one with its custom mod values (don't quite know if this will work).

I don't know if that helps at all, but I hope it does.  Feel free to ask any other questions you have, and I'll try to help.

I am not a modder in any way, other than doing small tweaks here and there, so this probably sounds way more complicated than it really is, but to me it sounds complicated lol. XD

Thanks for the reply! I'll go take a look in the lua, even though i'll probably get lost lol

Archived