Don't Starve Together - Dont Starve Apart!

So we all know that co-op is the most likely Multiplayer version, but what about a game AGAINST the other players?

My first suggestion for this is that there are 2-4 different islands, each island has only one of each biome, no more no less. The amount of supplies per biome is random based. Each person chooses a character and spawns on one of the islands, one island per player.

To get to other islands you will need to create a man made worm hole. This will be REALLY hard to craft, needing a lot of rare things. Once this worm hole is placed, worm holes spawn randomly on all islands, where the PvP starts. There are pretty much two play styles for this.

CAMPER: Stacks his base with traps and uses strategy to beat the offensive players.

ATTACKER: Gets armour and supplies and quickly gets other players before they can stack up.

To win, you have to defeat all players. You might say "Unfair because person with most kills should win!" Well you have to beat all to win, you can't be 'good enough' to win. Gotta be the very best.

My second suggestion is the same as above, except no PvP involved. The objective would be to create the worm hole, but it would TP you out of the place with the message: You won, for now.

My 3rd suggestion is everyone is spawned on different islands, and you have to survive. Every day it gets harder and the nights get longer and stuff.

I was also thinking these ideas would make for a good "Don't Starve World Cup" to celebrate Multiplayer's opening. It could have scheduled rounds, stuff like that. Winner goes on. It could be streamed like the Osu World Cup or something.

Archived