[Mod] Lodger, the Worldologist

4458d50f-b462-4e32-93ad-f738b522f9d7_zps

Hello, everyone! This is my very first successful mod done for Don't Starve, featuring The Lodger, which is a character from the indie game 'Knock-Knock'.

Mind you, I have based this version more on the Lodger I roleplay as on Tumblr (which you can visit over here: http://knock-knockinginthedark.tumblr.com/ ), so he has strayed a bit from the games' version. The differences are primarily in terms of appearance, either due to how he comes out in my style or due to my difficulties translating the nightgown properly onto a Don't Starve character model.

Still, I have tried to keep the spirit of the character with this mod. He has custom dialogue, sounds, portraits and a custom character model.

You can download the mod over here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/584-lodger-the-worldologist/

This version has been updated for Reign of Giants, so he does have RoG dialogue. I have included a 'Non-DLC' folder in the mod folder that has the non-RoG dialogue in it so you can replace it if you do not own the expansion.

Mind you, I am a complete amateur with modding for DS, and this is the first mod I've done and gotten to work successfully. If I knew how to better code and sprite, I would've loved to have added custom things to Lodger, such as his candle/lantern which would work similar to Willow's lighter. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to do that. If any of you want to take a shot at it, please feel free to try and I'd be happy to include it in the mod.

And before anyone says anything...yes, I know how selection screen portrait is floating. I have tried everything to make it sit correctly, but it keeps floating, so...yeah. That's why it's floating.

Ehh... I was almost finished with a mod similar to this (With the lodger, several of his machines, and a WIP "guest"). Is there anyway I can still upload this? If not, it's fine, I just didn't want to seem that I was copying your work :D

Why thank you, sir! Seems as though someone listened to my prayers! Thanks!

You're quite welcome!

Ehh... I was almost finished with a mod similar to this (With the lodger, several of his machines, and a WIP "guest"). Is there anyway I can still upload this? If not, it's fine, I just didn't want to seem that I was copying your work :grin:

Sure, you're more than welcome to upload your own version. Yours sounds a lot more advanced than my own -wwith all the machines and the Guest and whatnot- , and I'd love to see what your version has to offer. :3

Archived