Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Tonguetyd    68

If there's one thing I don't like in Don't Starve, it's how the player is so reliant on Beefalo. Need farms? Beefalo. Need good winter equipment? Beefalo. Want one of the best and renewable sources of meat? Beefalo.

See what I'm getting at? Every time I start a new game I have to find Beefalo. This severely limits your options for base locations, otherwise you'll have to use the Beefalo Horn which, of course, takes ages.

My idea is to make Volt Goats, which at the moment aren't very needed, serve as an alternative to Beefalo.

Of course there will be some differences, so that it matters which ones you "choose".

I propose the following changes:

-Volt Goats now produce Manure.

-Volt Goats can be shaved to produce Volt Goat Wool. Said Wool can be used for Winter Hats and Puffy Vests and Carpeted Flooring.

-Volt Goats now have breeding seasons, with Baby Volt Goats.

-Volt Goats are now more common in Deserts.

-Attacking one Goat makes the others angry.

With these changes, Volt Goats have Horns and Milk, while Beefalo have more Meat and Beefalo Hats.

Now you have two slightly varying choices on where to build a base.

Mr. Tiddles    1152

But then the volt goats would be the same.

Koalefant, pigmen, beefalo, and bats all give you poop. There's plenty to go 'round.

The Volt Goat wool being an exact reskin of normal wool is silly. It should have some unique purpose, say making a sweater that when his by lightning gives you light, or zaps attackers, or something. Something more unique.

Breeding season would be nice, to make it renewable. As well as there being more of them and such.

However, I doubt this will be added as the DLC is finished.

Tonguetyd    68

Koalefant, pigmen, beefalo, and bats all give you poop. There's plenty to go 'round.

The Volt Goat wool being an exact reskin of normal wool is silly.

Note how Koalefants constantly run away from you and there's usually only one to produce said poop, you have to sacrifice food to make Pigs poop and Guano can't be used to make farms and while you're collecting it, the Batilisk are constantly trying to tear your face off.

The Volt Goat wool isn't supposed to be just a reskin: You can't make Beefalo Hats with it, which makes Volt Goats the weaker alternative in winter, but gives them a niche in other seasons. Of course, Volt Wool could have some of its own recipes, but I didn't exactly have an idea.