Audible warning

Flump

Is there a mod that gives an audible warning about 10 secods or so, from nightfall? I keep dying because I'm too busy doing other stuff and forget about lighting a fire. Something not to intrusive would be nice.

It's called dusk - all characters should announce dusk and then you have a short while before dark.

The length of time varies on the season.

Aside from that I suggest keeping a torch in your inventory you have a few seconds after dark before charlie attacks, so you should be able to light it.

OK, thanks for the info. My inventory is usually full, so them you have the panic make, swap item and try to use, situation......dead.

I just had my record attempt: 22 days. I froze to death, there are so many ways to die! :( 

But is there a mod for it as I don't hear them announce the dark?

Not that I know of -

Coding can be done to trigger events at dawn, dusk or nightfall

Maybe you could have some sort of event that triggers a certain amount of time after dusk,

but since the length of dusk varies by season it would require some wrangling to make it correct.

Have you tried playing as Willow?

If caught in the dark she will automatically light a fire just before Charlie attacks,

it wont last long but it will keep you alive.

OK, thanks for the info. My inventory is usually full, so them you have the panic make, swap item and try to use, situation......dead.

I just had my record attempt: 22 days. I froze to death, there are so many ways to die! :(

Yes there are!

I recently started over after having survivied for over 100 days (I wanted to start a new game with RoG)

and I totally forgot to pick any grass. no grass = no torch and no fire, Died at 0 days. It was sad.

Archived