A new mapping system

Hi there!

I'm new to the forums so if I have done any mistake please correct me. :)

I'm kinda new here at the forum but I searched for this and found lots of things about this subject, and many of them are similar, so here I make my suggestion about the map system.

1) As in this post Mini-Map I think that a mini map would be a great improvment, as many times, I catch myself pressing tab SO MANY TIMES to just see something that is right next to me! The mini map (like the ones in MMOs) would help with that.

2) Other improvment could be the addition of marks on the map (the great one that appears once you hit TAB), that you could place and add little notes, this is mainly for things that DON'T apear naturaly in the map like Bunny holes, Pig Houses, FREAKING Tentacles and any other things that you want to mark on the map.

3) As in this post Map , I think that many of the informations shown on the map right now are not that great, it would be better if the biomes where shown with more contrast from one to other, other thing is that by standard showing all the basic resources in many cases the map will say that there is some stone near you, ever before you have actually seen it on the game, taking the informations about grass, stick and stones from the map, or correcting it for showing only when it was actualy seen in the game would make the game more interesting.

That's all, let's know what the gammers think about it, and what is the best way to use this resource.

If you disagree with me please say so! :p

1) As in this post Mini-Map I think that a mini map would be a great improvment, as many times, I catch myself pressing tab SO MANY TIMES to just see something that is right next to me! The mini map (like the ones in MMOs) would help with that.

I don't know... it hasn't bothered me that much, but then I'm usually sure where I'm going. :)

2) Other improvment could be the addition of marks on the map (the great one that appears once you hit TAB), that you could place and add little notes, this is mainly for things that DON'T apear naturaly in the map like Bunny holes, Pig Houses, FREAKING Tentacles and any other things that you want to mark on the map.

Marking maps has come up before, as the Devs discussed the possibility of allow players to craft sign posts that they could place and that would then appear on the map. As for bunny holes and tentacles... nah. It's good enough that traps appear on the map (so you know where you were hunting rabbits) and as for the tentacles... they're a creature and a hazard... I like the suspense of not knowing where they are (not that you can't just avoid them while running).

Pig houses, on the other hand, should be marked on the map.

3) As in this post Map , I think that many of the informations shown on the map right now are not that great, it would be better if the biomes where shown with more contrast from one to other, other thing is that by standard showing all the basic resources in many cases the map will say that there is some stone near you, ever before you have actually seen it on the game, taking the informations about grass, stick and stones from the map, or correcting it for showing only when it was actualy seen in the game would make the game more interesting.

Yes, the map needs some work... which is why it will eventually look more like this:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?3297-Juicy-Mappy-Goodness

;)