Adventure Mode with DLC is a bug.

In chapter "2 different worlds" and chapter "The Darkness", the season is constantly summer.

And, do you have any idea about starting in summer with out any technology and item or even in forever night?

You die sooner or later.

In "2 different worlds", you can't be so nimble to gather enough resources and craft "summer frest" or "Ice cube" in time, so you die after struggle.

In "the darkness", hohoho, no way to even build your science machine before you become a steak of barbecued meat by hot temperature, so you just die peacefully.

:grin: You can see Maxwell did learn some tricks. 

Long live the great Maxwell!

Leave the darkness alone! I love it as it is! Honestly, its the best functioning one in my opinion. Don't change it!

Two Worlds is fun race with a ice hat, and becomes easy as ever with it.

The only thing I would change is giving the player a fore-warning about the next level being summer. Also, here is why I defend summer for both:

Darkness: Its the ROG version of the final level. It has to be BIG, and its not really all that bad. Using endo-pits with the rocks that exist everywhere and the grass they give you at the start I found summer to be easy there. The night keeps the heat from cooking you fast, so you have plenty of time to run around. This level is short anyway, so you don't need to survive as long under the heat. Running around with a Flora Shirt + Moggles + Walking Stick, I would pause every 3/4's of a day to make a endo-fire. That is actually a generous amount of time for a perma-summer.

Two Worlds: The only thing preventing me from doing adventure mode is the long crawl that is always the first two levels. Two Worlds provides a mid-game rush that is actually very easy with a Ice Hat. This perma-summer adds incentive to going fast instead of trying to slow me, and this gets me in the mood for more adventure mode.

With adventure being somewhat of a drag with its long completion time and slow beginning, the last thing I would ever recommend is removing something that slows down the mid/late game. The only thing that should be added is the fore-warning summer season, but not removal. Which isn't a big deal unless its your first play through in ROG. Two worlds could stand to have a spring than summer side, but Darkness is perfect.

Archived