More hostile creatures, less periodic threats.

To be honest, I find the game quite easy when I don't accidentally hit caps lock which opens up the crafting tab and makes my character stop moving while 6 hounds are killing them. (and it forgets my settings)

Hounds become less frightening and more of an annoyance after a while, and when they're not coming, the only real creature-related danger are either spiders that you almost only find in forests, tentacles that are only in marshes, or beefalo in heat that you have to be really close to for them to go hostile.

Personally, I would like the hounds to stay every 10 days or so - instead of going down to 3 by day 60, and for there to be more hostile creatures roaming the world, just waiting to find and kill you.

Maybe there could be lesser giants that walk around, defending some sort of creature or structure. Cemeteries could be made bigger, and have undead wandering around in them - maybe the shadow monsters take the bodies of the dead.

Could be other types of plants, like thorny bushes that try to grab you as you walk past, or something.

Anyone have any other ideas? Or someone who thinks I'm stupid for liking my game to be challenging?

To be honest, I find the game quite easy when I don't accidentally hit caps lock which opens up the crafting tab and makes my character stop moving while 6 hounds are killing them. (and it forgets my settings)

Hounds become less frightening and more of an annoyance after a while, and when they're not coming, the only real creature-related danger are either spiders that you almost only find in forests, tentacles that are only in marshes, or beefalo in heat that you have to be really close to for them to go hostile.

Personally, I would like the hounds to stay every 10 days or so - instead of going down to 3 by day 60, and for there to be more hostile creatures roaming the world, just waiting to find and kill you.

Maybe there could be lesser giants that walk around, defending some sort of creature or structure. Cemeteries could be made bigger, and have undead wandering around in them - maybe the shadow monsters take the bodies of the dead.

Could be other types of plants, like thorny bushes that try to grab you as you walk past, or something.

Anyone have any other ideas? Or someone who thinks I'm stupid for liking my game to be challenging?

Check out the plans for our mod, we have it coded, just waiting on the art atm, We should have the first art for the increased difficulty in the waves soon.

In our thread here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33476-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

"

What we have coded but no artwork for yet or placeholders,

1. Raiding - goblins, we have these planned to spawn from "huts"  like pigs and merms

Orcs, we be similiar but setup in special event type locations like small military camps

Orges, rare spawn in mountain biomes after set amount of days in game

but that brings me to raiding, the first part we want to introduce with the monster wave is raiding the player, "base wars"

As time progresses goblins will start joining in hound attacks, then there will be less hounds, more goblins as the game progresses, eventually tapering the hounds down and having more goblins, then leading to orcs joining in the raiding with the goblins and hounds, whipping the goblins/hounds to attacking the player first. Then as the game progresses, more orcs, less goblins, hounds(will always have at least 2 hounds for tooth purposes, and we have another mob planned that drops them as well) Then eventually an Orgre will be the slave driver pushing the orcs on to the player.

So as for raiding goes, as the game progressess,

hounds - more hounds - hounds joined by goblins - hounds(less) joined by more goblins - hounds(less)-goblins join by orcs- hounds(less) goblins(less) joined by orcs(more) - hounds (less) goblins (less) orcs joined by 1 ogre, granted this will be around the 200 to 300 day range by that point, after which i plan on adding in mini boss type encounters to join in the raiding

1. We have many other monsters already coded and ready to be put in, but we just need the artwork, for example,

"

Pretty much exactly what you were asking for, we should have goblin art in by end of the weekend hopefully.

Archived