I survived a summer only world! ...So far.

I did It, I survived a summer start on a summer only world without the use of default plus. Currently I am sitting on day 8 and am about to encounter the Dragon Fly (going to just kite it away my base.) So, what it took to get that far. First off, you need a really lucky spawn. The first thing you need to get up is your endothermic fireplace which also requires a science machine (unless you are running Wickerbottem.) It took around 8 tries to finally get an endothermic fireplace up, and even then I had 5hp to spare. After I managed that, I had to run back and forth across the map a bit to gather the materials needed to make my alchemical engine, and each time I had to make a new fireplace, so 3 mini bases later, I managed to set up an alchemical engine and a endothermic fire-pit up. After that the difficulty drastically decreased since I can now travel around with the use of the thermal stone. After getting an icebox up I managed to take down a koawalaphant, and I am now waiting for the first fullmoon to get glommer and devastate a bunch of werepigs for a lot of meat and skins.

Main problems that I encounters

1: A decent spawn (even with this spawn I had to do a lot of running around, I could have gotten better)

2: twigs and grass. you have 10 seconds to collect before half of it dies in the heat. Once I got my shovel I began to dig up everything for resources. Now I have a catcoon so I can get some resources just by sitting in place.

3: health: I had 5 hp left after I got my first fire up, It took a lot of flower picking to regain some of it back

4: Luck based: I probably would have died if I did not get lucky and find a mining helmet.

5: No ice: I let monster meat rot and pick up catcoon rot and use that to extinguish fires when they come up

Next on the to due list is to find beefalo and get a farm up so I can get watermelons for long distance travel.

Conclusion: This is your hardcore mode, and you can make it easier by keeping all the seasons and just having a summer start to give you that initial challenge, or use default plus and/or Wickerbottem. Compared to doing a winter only world, this is a LOT harder since you essentially have a time limit to get that first fire up to cool you off. (eating flowers and butterflies can help increase the amount of time you have) Can it be made a bit easier? Sure, simply reduce the heat of the first day so you can go half the day before overheating, or at least have a few rocks near the spawn so you do not have to walk across the map for your first rock. -.- 

So, try out a summer only world, or just a summer start, and see if you can survive. Good luck.

post-214237-0-23093500-1396590141_thumb.

Day 29 and still going fine. Sanity is low due to shadow farming, but other then that I am in perfect shape. Just trying to find that treeguard for a manipulator. After that it is back to the ruins to get the alter up and running.

post-214237-0-52676200-1396887831.jpg

Archived