Winter sled ride

Another quick suggestion here. First off, I still want the ability to have snow shoes... :D and/or some kinda boots to protect you on volcano island.

Anyways, I´ve done some searching and don´t think this idea has been suggested yet. This suggestion is a two in one but are very similar. One part of it will be good for quicker snow travel (faster than the snow shoe!!!). You craft a harness and wooden sled, attach it to one of the tallbirds you raised yourself (looks like we´re raising tallbirds people!), then you got yourself a sled to ride through the snow. Not only that but it acts like a chest and you can fill it up and carry more stuff if, say, you want to change your home base.

Two, for the rest of the year. You craft a harness and wooden wagon, attached that to maybe a hound (or I suppose the same tallbird actually lol). Again you can fill it up like a chest and carry more stuff long distance.

Maybe for the daring, you can attach a torch or lantern to either one for night travel.

We need something to move stuff long distance... especially if we want to move our home base somewhere else without running, or even riding, back and forth several times.

First off, I still want the ability to have snow shoes... :D

We can have them, we just can't wear them. :p

and/or some kinda boots to protect you on volcano island.

Nothing can protect you from the dangers of the volcanic island! NOTHING! :)

One part of it will be good for quicker snow travel (faster than the snow shoe!!!). You craft a harness and wooden sled, attach it to one of the tallbirds you raised yourself (looks like we´re raising tallbirds people!), then you got yourself a sled to ride through the snow. Not only that but it acts like a chest and you can fill it up and carry more stuff if, say, you want to change your home base.

Hmmm. I wonder if that setup wonuldn't be too large to navigate around the island, what with trees and all. Also right now we have those narrow land bridges. While it does offer additional storage, I'm still of the opinion that just riding on a tamed tallbird would be more effecient in gameplay terms (i.e. smaller hit box and easier pathfinding).

Two, for the rest of the year. You craft a harness and wooden wagon, attached that to maybe a hound (or I suppose the same tallbird actually lol). Again you can fill it up like a chest and carry more stuff long distance.

Same as above, and what about the beefalo idea? I'm sure we'll see baby beefalo at some stage, we just need to get one, tame it, let it grow up and then strap a chest to its back for mobile storage.

Maybe for the daring, you can attach a torch or lantern to either one for night travel.

I'm thinking with the tallbird/beefalo mount/pack animal combo you would still carry your own light source. So more in tune with what we already have in place.

Still, interesting ideas, and who knows what the future will hold (maybe these ideas will become even more feasible)?