Infinite Lives Mod?

then whats the point of playing at all?

if you are not afraid of death, this game becomes meaningless. Might as well rename your game from Don't Starve to Don't Care 

Oh no, he di'n't! *snaps fingers*

I do agree that not fearing death takes away half the game, but y'know...it's the person's choice.

That's for the player to decide. Point is:

Save scumming is fairly common. Save scumming can corrupt your save and is at best an ugly hack. So if you're going to cheat permadeath, you might as well do it properly. I wrote this mod precisely in response to the thread created in General Discussion about save scumming.

Permadeath is a core mechanic in Don't Starve, and removing it might make the game boring. But it can be used as "training wheels" for regular gameplay, and there are players who really prefer having permadeath "off".

post-267484-0-79613100-1389065544_thumb.

The point of mods is to alter the game to play the way the user wants it to.

People aren't going to have the exact same sets of mods active. What I find fun, someone else might find not fun at all.

The idea of the game is to have fun. If disabling permadeath makes the game more fun for you, disable it; if the challenge of survival is the fun part for you, don't disable it. That's the beauty of mods - choice.

Take my sister and I.

I like to wear things like:

Gothic_07_copy.jpg

while she likes to wear things like:

U8S9P1D1X.JPG

We just like different things. There's nothing wrong with that, and there's certainly no reason to ridicule someone for the things they like, just because it's different to what you like.

That's the kind of schoolyard jerkassery that nobody wants to deal with ever again.

if you are not afraid of death, this game becomes meaningless. Might as well rename your game from Don't Starve to Don't Care 

First of all, not everyone likes to lose their progress each and every time they die.

I barely play the game because I lost my progress after playing for 15 ingame days and losing it all.

I worked so hard to get everything, only to lose it all.

No way in hell im starting all over again,

I just uninstall the game and play something else that I can enjoy.

and its not up to you on how I like to play my game. I play my game my way not yours.

That's for the player to decide.

Absolutely true.......

attachicon.gifBig Lebowski Opinion.gif

The point of mods is to alter the game to play the way the user wants it to.

People aren't going to have the exact same sets of mods active. What I find fun, someone else might find not fun at all.

The idea of the game is to have fun. If disabling permadeath makes the game more fun for you, disable it; if the challenge of survival is the fun part for you, don't disable it. That's the beauty of mods - choice.

Wow, just awesome... I could not have said it better  :)

and BTW love your taste in clothes :)

Archived