[MOD REQUEST] Forbidden Knowledge as Intro Mod

CDVR

Well, let's just hope the PC version will support video playback and the PS4 one will support modding.

worldgen_main.lua
MODS_ENABLED = PLATFORM ~= "PS4" and PLATFORM ~= "NACL"

Yeah, I'm familiar with that line. I'm still going to get the PS4 version. Even if the PS4 doesn't support modding, there are probably ways around that. If the data within its harddrive is formatted in a friendly manner, the game's files could be manipulated to get around that line. Then the problem becomes whether or not mods have to be completely rewritten, whether or not the PS4 engine allows for the same manipulation of game files.

Sorry guys. There's still no movie support on the PC. On the ps4 you just tell it to play a movie and it handles it for you. I know the lua is there but there's nothing running engine side if you're not on the ps4.

Ah, dashing our hopes and dreams just like that. :p That makes sense. Well, if there's any way at all to mod on the PS4 version, I'd be curious to explore what benefits it has in the future.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that line. I'm still going to get the PS4 version. Even if the PS4 doesn't support modding, there are probably ways around that. If the data within its harddrive is formatted in a friendly manner, the game's files could be manipulated to get around that line. Then the problem becomes whether or not mods have to be completely rewritten, whether or not the PS4 engine allows for the same manipulation of game files.

Well, the OS used by PS4 is a tweaked FreeBSD, which is a Unix system similar to Linux. Assuming it'll use one of the standard file systems in FreeBSD, which are the same as the Linux ones, it shouldn't be hard to interface with it using Linux or even a Mac. And apparently the HD is removable. The filesystem might be encrypted, though.

Well, the OS used by PS4 is a tweaked FreeBSD, which is a Unix system similar to Linux. Assuming it'll use one of the standard file systems in FreeBSD, which are the same as the Linux ones, it shouldn't be hard to interface with it using Linux or even a Mac. And apparently the HD is removable. The filesystem might be encrypted, though.

That's what I'm concerned with. That could be the only thing keeping mod support for PS4 from happening. Although, depending on the route they take with game structure, it may not be as much of an issue as it could be.

Archived