Mod Weapons= Missing Textures?

A little while back I began to work on the weapons for my new character. After a couple crashes and fixes, I've got the the new weapon (Spear) spawning in my character's inventory. The only problem being that the spear's textures are all invisible besides it's inventory image. I've already spent a few days playing with it, but can't figure out whats wrong. The link to the character = below. Please help me fix this, thanks.

LINK ---> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y0oewxciczlelgv/3m82dCQHEE

There is  -_-  Sorry...

First off:

anim:PlayAnimation("anim")

Why did you use the animation "anim"? The spear which you used as a basis uses "idle"

Second:

The swap stuff is aweful. I can't see right now what the problem is. I would say you'd be better of to create the animations yourself but there's no documentation on that so far...

I think it's pretty obvious I'm a entry level modder. Still kinda learning...What's swap stuff? Also, how do I fix the "first off" problem?

Thanks for take'n a look. :-)

I told you that "anim" was wrong and "idle" was right, you should be able to fix that  : P

All the files that are called "swap_something.zip" are files that are used to override symbols in animations. They have a different structure than other animation files. And if I were an entry level modder this wouldn't help me, so I guess it doesn't help you either.

Soooooooooooooo, I've changed my spear's .lua to say:

anim:PlayAnimation("idle")

And the spear = still invisible...what I do wrong?

That's a good question. 'cause I didn't change anything else and it works. Not in the hand though since that's handled by the "swap stuff"

post-245716-0-65913400-1383418439_thumb.

Ok, so after a couple days of trial and ERROR, I can't fix this...The spear you see in the your screen shot is using the wrong anim. It's supposed to be using the swap_spear.zip when on the ground, but as I/U can see, the image displayed is the spear.zip's anim. The spear.zip is meant to be the image used when equipped. However when equipped the spear is invisible. I have literally NO clue how to solve this. I've been over the .luas of my spear and the default spear's .lua and I see no difference, I've checked my anim's using text-tool to see if they got mixed up and nope. Please someone help me fix my mod, sooooooo frustrated with this.   :(

• Developer

Ok, so after a couple days of trial and ERROR, I can't fix this...The spear you see in the your screen shot is using the wrong anim. It's supposed to be using the swap_spear.zip when on the ground, but as I/U can see, the image displayed is the spear.zip's anim. The spear.zip is meant to be the image used when equipped. However when equipped the spear is invisible. I have literally NO clue how to solve this. I've been over the .luas of my spear and the default spear's .lua and I see no difference, I've checked my anim's using text-tool to see if they got mixed up and nope. Please someone help me fix my mod, sooooooo frustrated with this.   :(

So I found a couple of problems:

1. I changed 'anim:PlayAnimation("anim")' to 'anim:PlayAnimation("idle")'.

2. The images in your swap spear and regular spear anims are reversed( I didn't fix this).

3. I'm not sure what build you used to create the swap spear but it needs to be one of the swappable builds for it to work properly.  I started from the 'swap_spear' build and now it seems to work fine.

Here's your mod re-uploaded with the spear appearing on the ground and in his hand but the images are still reversed.

Zulu The Hunter(All That's Maxwell).zip

post-283016-0-41166200-1383629066_thumb.

post-283016-0-67705000-1383629068_thumb.

post-283016-0-66982000-1383629072_thumb.

Thanks for help'n, I appreciate it, but...Problems:

1. I was already corrected by Malacath to do dis.

2. I switched the "atlas-0.tex" from the swap_spear.zip + startspear.zip.

3. Which builds are "swappable"?

I followed your instructions(as correctly as I could) and have run into the same problems:

Spear = invisible while in hand, when placed on the ground; the Spear's texture has a "block" of transparency covering the upper=right hand corner of the image, thus ruining it.

file:///C:/Users/samur_000/Desktop/Spear%20=%20on%20ground.png

file:///C:/Users/samur_000/Desktop/Spear%20=%20in%20hand.png

• Developer

Thanks for help'n, I appreciate it, but...Problems:

1. I was already corrected by Malacath to do dis.

2. I switched the "atlas-0.tex" from the swap_spear.zip + startspear.zip.

3. Which builds are "swappable"?

I followed your instructions(as correctly as I could) and have run into the same problems:

Spear = invisible while in hand, when placed on the ground; the Spear's texture has a "block" of transparency covering the upper=right hand corner of the image, thus ruining it.

file:///C:/Users/samur_000/Desktop/Spear%20=%20on%20ground.png

file:///C:/Users/samur_000/Desktop/Spear%20=%20in%20hand.png

All the builds found in 'dont_starve/data/anim' that start with the word 'swap' are swappable.  To get the spear working in your mod, I used the 'build.bin' file from the 'swap_spear.zip' file.  I also uploaded it for you to check out.  The transparency means that you need to move your image inside the atlas because you're drawing outside of the borders of the original image.  You need to keep the original atlas around and follow that as your template.

All the builds found in 'dont_starve/data/anim' that start with the word 'swap' are swappable.  To get the spear working in your mod, I used the 'build.bin' file from the 'swap_spear.zip' file.  I also uploaded it for you to check out.  The transparency means that you need to move your image inside the atlas because you're drawing outside of the borders of the original image.  You need to keep the original atlas around and follow that as your template.

Would it be okay if I write a tutorial on how to build weapons from ground up with spriter, or are you already working on that?

Archived