Don't Starve Steam.exe stopped working

So, a few days back, I began to get this error: "autocompiler.exe has stopped working." I would close the window and play DS like normal, but just an hour or two ago, I get this error after the autocompiler's : "dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working. " After closing this error window, the DS window just closes completely and shuts down. I uninstalled ALL my mods, checked the log and there still NO solution.
WHAT DO I DO, I WANNA PLAY DON'T STARVE!? Please help me fix this, it's piss'n me off ah bunch. (Thanks)   

• Developer

So, a few days back, I began to get this error: "autocompiler.exe has stopped working." I would close the window and play DS like normal, but just an hour or two ago, I get this error after the autocompiler's : "dontstarve_steam.exe has stopped working. " After closing this error window, the DS window just closes completely and shuts down. I uninstalled ALL my mods, checked the log and there still NO solution.

WHAT DO I DO, I WANNA PLAY DON'T STARVE!? Please help me fix this, it's piss'n me off ah bunch. (Thanks)   

Right click on 'Don't Starve' in your steam library.  Go to properties, then click the 'Local Files' tab.  Now click on 'Verify Integrity of Cache' and then wait for it to finish and download any differences.  I think that should fix it.

Archived