Damage values and formulas?

Bluedoom57

Let me start off by saying that even after putting 200+ hours into Shank 2, I'm still enjoying it just as much as I ever have. I speedrun the game and I think I have a pretty good knowledge on how many things work. But I was curious as to how damage and health values work, and if there was a base formula to determine how much damage an attack was going to do?
Is there a numerical value that determines what health a given character has? (Such as 100 being max health for shank, 0 being dead for example). And is there a particular way that damage is calculated, maybe based on distance or angle or enemy type, etc.
I understand that you may not be willing to share this information, and you may not even have it anymore, and that's fine. I only ask because I'm genuinely interested in how the game works below the surface. There are a lot of things I'd love to know and understand better, and I figured that I should probably at least ask the developers.
With that said, I'd like to end by just saying again that I love Shank 2, as well as some of your other games, and I look forward to what you may bring in the future!

That could work for enemies attacking Shank, although I'm more interested on the damage Shank/Corina does to the enemy based on various factors. I didn't word it very well, which is my fault. But it's a bit more difficult to figure out by just attacking the enemy. I know that two shotgun blasts can kill certain goons, and three can kill others. But Shotgun blasts seem to do different damage based on particular ranges, sometimes angles, and other such factors like shields. This is so with a few weapons, and it's not particularly testable to solve based on attacking the enemy. I was interested in the number values for damage against enemies based on each weapon, and the formula of how the damage was calculated based on any given factor, this way I could plug all the numbers in, determine the fastest and most efficient ways to defeat enemies based on any given circumstance, and generally just have a better knowledge of it anyway.
There is so much more stuff I'd love to learn about this game, like battle "arena" spawns in the campaign, as well as the code surrounding how various things, such as spawn points or cutscenes, work. Heck, if it were available, I'd love to learn way more details about how the enemy and boss AI work, but I know that these things are developer secrets that they're not just going to share with me xD
Although it would be so awesome if they did ;_;

Archived