Landshark Tune Up

realitymeltdown

Attached is a mostly working mod to add Landsharks, which triggers much like Hounded.

Landsharks are gigantic jerks - they circle, destroying containers, eat food and then disappear. Killing them provides teeth, meat, and sharksicles (but none of the original food). Sharksicles lower the holder's temperature, decay into twigs and provide minor health/hunger/sanity.

The code works, although I think the behavior's a bit weird when there's nothing to eat.

The images and animation are passable but if anyone wants to get involved and touch it up. I've included the originals for both gimp and scml.

I also haven't written anything beyond a description - some custom descriptions or warnings when sharks are spawning would also be appreciated.

Oh! Landsharks originally came from an old Saturday Night Live sketch making fun of jaws, so feel free to work with that. Also roughly inspired by an old post about "how can we make this game harder" - but maybe it's going overboard.

If there's no interested from artists/animators I can throw it out to the world, I just thought it'd be better received if it were a bit... more refined.

Maybe the problem is that there's no file attached? Maybe everyone is busy with finishing their Haloween Mod?

Archived