Steam Link

This Site

This mod introduces the character Weazely, a slightly stuffy, yet quite deranged, zombie manservant.

Weazely is undead, but only through the shear insane force of his willful ignorance of death. As his sanity grows the fact he should not be walking among the living becomes harder to ignore and his body attempts to be more alive, this causes Weazely to change depending on how sane he is at the moment.

character_select_big.jpg

Weazely Mechanics

Max Hunger: 300
Max Health: 200
Max Sanity: 150
Starting Sanity: 75

Health & Sanity

As Weazely walks around you may notice his heart beating. Every time Weazely's heart beats he will lose some sanity and health. This is fairly complicated but very simply if he has very high sanity and health his heart will beat ever few seconds and he will loose 10 health for every beat of his heart. Unfortunately at high health he won't loose much if any sanity. Luckily as his health gets lower he starts loosing more and more sanity also as his health and sanity go down the duration between each heart beat is longer.

In short, it if you want to keep his health high, its better to have lower sanity.

Weazley also is much less afraid of the dark than other characters loosing no sanity except in the deep deep dark, however, due to it being harder for him to ignore his own death in the light during the day he loses sanity at a slow rate.

Damage & Speed

Weazely does from 1/2 to 2 times the damage of Wilson and moves at 1 & 1/2 to 1/2 the speed of Wilson. This changes depending on sanity where at zero sanity he has 2 times damage but only moves at half speed, this linearly scales until at full sanity he now does 1/2 damage but moves at 1 & 1/2 speed. Beware he may hit hard at low sanity but he won't be able to run away.

Hunger

Weazley may start out with a large amount of hunger but his hunger like other things changes with his sanity. At full sanity Weazely has a normal human apatite but as his sanity goes down his hunger decreases faster. At zero sanity his hunger goes down at 3 times the speed that Wilson's hunger does.

Wacky & Wonky Food

In addition to the character Weazely, this mod introduces two new types of food, wacky and wonky. These foods use new ingredients such as; rocks, wet goop, rot, pig skins, ravens, Beefalo Wool, manure and guano. They of course also use the old ingredients as well.

Both foods, like Weazely, change depending on the sanity of the character eating them.

Wacky Food

Wacky food is strange but not quite as disgusting as wonky food. Eating this food gives you sanity, however it gives you less sanity the more sanity you have. As for health and hunger, it gives more of each at high levels of sanity.

Wacky Foods:

• Rock Candy
  • Pork Rinds
  • Gelatin 
  • Candied Butterfly Wings 
  • Century Egg
  • Black Bird Pie

Wonky Food

Wonky Food does the opposite of wacky food removing sanity a great amounts at high sanity and not much at low sanity. Also wonky food gives health and hunger at greater levels when the characters sanity is low.

Wonky Foods:

• Fermented Fish 
  • Black Pudding
  • Jellied Beefalo Nose
  • Pink Slime 
  • Dry Rot 
  • Head Cheese
  • Bat Paste 
  • Casu Marzu

​Fair Warning: if you have a weak stomach, do not look up any food on the wonky list. Most are real foods (A few with names slightly changed to better fit the game), and they are all very wonky.

Planned Features

Currently, besides finishing adding all the other wacky/wonky food into the mod, I am looking at enhancing the atmosphere of the mod in the following ways.

• Rearrange the order of animations so he acts scared when at full sanity and low sanity but not at middle sanity.
  • Add custom music, specifically an instrumental version of the Hearse Song.
  • Possibly add a custom character animation set instead of a hacked version of Wilson.
  • Have Weasley loose sanity during the day and not the night.
  • Possibly add a blood spurting animation from his body when his heart beats and have a chance of Clotted Blood spawning that rots into Rot.
  • Add more variable saying to food based on sanity (currently the two new foods and Rot have them).

Known Bugs

• The Heart Beat Sound doesn't start right away even though the heart pulsing does.

If any one has any thoughts or suggestions I am more than willing to entertain them. Also if for some reason a musical artist happens to be hanging around that feel up to the challenge of helping out on this mod I am more than willing to be helped.

I may also be interested in some artistic help, as well while I think my art isn't bad it might be better.

Changes

0.3 update...

• Fresh, Stale, and Rotten states will now change how well wonky/wacky foods work, decreasing effectiveness of all of them appropriately.
  • Added Candy Rocks and Blood Pudding
  • Candy Rocks now give back rocks when spoiled or when eaten.
  • Added mini icons to food images to denote wackiness or wonkiness.
  • Reduced sanity the new food gives/takes slightly.
  • Fixed old recipes to exclude new ingredients.

0.4 Update

• Added Gelatin and Stink Heads.
  • Added custom stategraph making him act slightly afraid as he become more sane and quite normal when hes at low sanity.
  • Switched when Weazely gains sanity. He will naturally loose sanity during the day when it is harder for him to ignore his own death. During darkness he will only loose sanity naturally in very dark places.
  • Optimized lua files.

0.5 Update

• Adding the remaining waky/wonky foods.
  • Added wx78 tolerance to spoiled food in regards to the new food.

Currently Working On

• On Break

Thank you to the following people who have provided help and useful suggestions.

If you have helped and are not listed I apologize for missing you and please accept a generic thank you.

Sweet, a zombie  ^_^  I love zombies! But there's a distinct lack of lost body parts  : P

You might want to consider updating the description in the Steam Workshop with a bit more info or at least a link to this thread, people won't sign up for anything if they don't know what it is.

I also have the feeling that the quality of "first time" character mods is increasing, cause this one looks quite complex. So the people who had problems with character mods can now be corrected  ; )  Good work!

Possible Ideas For Future Weazley Content

Rot & Brains

As it is Weazley probably does to much damage at low sanity however I like the flavor of the character I think instead of nerfing the damage what I need to do is find a way to make staying at low sanity for too long disadvantageous. To this end I am thinking of adding a Rot meter.

The rot meter will only go down much at all when Weazley is at very low sanity. When the rot meter falls to 3/4 one of his hands will fall off and his damage will be reduced by 1/4 (at 0 sanity he will then do 1.5 damage). When the meter reaches half, one of his feet will fall off reducing his movement (this is cumulative with movement multipliers meaning at 0 sanity he will now be extremely slow). At 1/4 of the rot meter the rest of his arm will rot off and reduce his damage by another 1/4. At 0 rot meter Weazley will fall apart and no longer be undead, i.e die. Each part you loose will become a piece of unique edible and perishing food that counts as meat, horrible and monster meat. However if you use your body parts as food you will never be able to reattach them, also if your body parts rot away you also will never be able to reattach them.

The only way to heal rot will be through raw/cooked brains which will drop at small percentages off of mermen/bunnymen/pigmen. Raw brains will reduce sanity by a great amount. There will be two recipes with brains one easy to make which will reduce sanity a medium amount and one harder to make which will reduce sanity by a small amount. 

While eating raw brains if your rot meter goes above the appropriate threshold and you have the right body part that has not rotted away in your inventory you will automatically reattach that body part and you will regain the movement/damage lost.

I likely will not start working on this until after the rest of the planned food is implemented. If you have any thoughts or suggestion about this idea please post them below. Also I would like to thank Malacath for mentioning body parts as it was the seed of this particular idea.

Zombie Menace

It makes little sense for anything to be happy about a zombie being near it. In this regards in the future I may try to figure out how to change neutral/friendly mobs behaviors around Weazley when he is at low sanity to be hostile. Although in conjunction with the above idea and where he gets brains I will likely concentrate on mermen/bunnymen/pigmen.

Again if you have any idea on this please feel free to post them below.

Not really, switching animations won't be hard though not sure how it will look removing an arm from the default animations it may require a custom animation. If it works with the default animations it will be super easy, if not it is still doable just a large project that will have to wait.

Archived