Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

grinsekatze

[Linux] More controller woes: can't change item with D-pad

grinsekatze    0

Hey,

I initially had problems with the trigger buttons resulting in the character constantly running and not being able to unfocus. Luckily this has been fixed in a recent update.

Early in the second level however, after acquiring the firecracker, a new problem presents itself: you're instructed to switch back to the darts using the D-pad. Unfortunatelly this does not work, D-pad input is simply ignored.

I'm using a wirless Xbox 360 controller and the most recent version of xboxdrv (xboxdrv --mimic-xpad-wireless).

JanH    6,533

Hey @grinsekatze

I've let our programmers know about this and we are currently looking into it. I believe xboxdrv allows some remapping, so could I get you to try mapping the D-pad to buttons 0 through 3 and see if that works for you?

grinsekatze    0

Ok, I'm using this now:

xboxdrv --mimic-xpad-wireless --ui-buttonmap dl=KEY_2,dr=KEY_3,du=KEY_1,dd=KEY_4 

Might have to switch dr and du though but I haven't discovered those items yet.

Drawback: With this configuration, the analog sticks are also moving the mouse pointer, which is bit weird...