Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

alecone

[bug][linux][rev86446]can't delete saved slot.

alecone    1

[bug][linux][rev86446]can't delete saved slot.

my ubuntu 12.10(64bit), with steam platform client(latest ver.).

after i created a new character, and then into the game map loading scene.

then the game crashes,

but when i back into the game again. the 4 saved game slots, among them, the new game has been created. but actually,

/home/$MYNAME/.klei/DoNotStarve/save/ is empty.

so, if i want to get into the game, and make a normal save, it would crash when game map generating.

but if i want to delete the saved game slot, it just fails.

i don't know whether this is due to , um, the saved game file actually NOT created normally.

the log.txt.below, i think that's for the game crash when loading the map(new game character slot start , of course).

log.txt

-

Blucher    11

I had this problem.  I was testing a custom worldgen setting with a new starting setpiece.  I had the layout incorrectly defined and the game crashed on worldgen.  Going back in, the game had a save in the slot that I couldn't delete and would crash every time attempting to regen even after fixing/removing the mod.  Luckily I had backed up the saves directory earlier.

I didn't try, but you might be able to fix the problem by copying over a functioning saved game file and renaming it to match the bad entry in the saved games index (and then deleting it in-game)?  Not really sure about that.

alecone    1

i hope that, my bug report could help the game release better, so i did not stick to the stable versions. sometimes, i found klei released 3 hotfix after 1 release, so i think, since there were preview versions before the release, why not tell Klei that there are more bugs.

and, i have no mod installed i think.