For Your Musical Edification and Entertainment: A DS Playlist.

So I made a DS playlist, not that it hasn't been done already. Many, many times.

But it was fun, and I suppose that's the point, really. I found some songs that I thought were pretty appropriate, so I've decided to share them. Do with them what you may. I may add others later, and some of these songs are more accurate than others. Plus, as you can tell, certain characters are featured more than others. *coughs awkwardly* Ok, there's a lot of Charlie and Maxwell songs, but finding appropriate tunes about strongmen and librarians is hard, man! 

Ah, and as a disclaimer: many of these songs have probably already been matched to things in forum playlists before. It is not my intent to copy anybody, and if I have, my sincerest apologies.  Let me know what you think. You think it rocks, say something. You think it sucks, pipe up too.

Urk, I know I'm going to regret this. Ok. Here we go. Bear with me. Keep an open mind. And enjoy if at all possible. 

TL;DR Sarco, get to the point

Below are listed the songs, the artists, and what the songs reminded me of. Don't be afraid to pull up the lyrics on another tab, since they were the deciding factor for picking most of these songs. 

Here they are in a playlist for easy listening. 

http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/For+Your+Musical+Edification+And+Entertainment/89989474

• How Far We've Come- Matchbox 20 

Survivors…Welcome to the Island. 

• Cosmic Love- Florence and the Machine 

Charlie and Maxwell. Maxwell was forced into a throne…while Charlie was forced into the dark. 

I really,really like this one for them ok. I just do. If you're only gonna listen to one of these, let it be this one. 

• Howl- Florence and the Machine 

Maxwell and Charlie, post-ending.  What can I say, for some reason Florence and the Machine is just really appropriate for them. 

• Nothing Left To Say/Rocks- Imagine Dragons 

William Maxwell's Madness (forget the rocks bit at the end, it's not really in keeping with the rest of the song)

• My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark - Fallout Boy 

Willow. Yeah. Bargains in the dark and childhoods full of burning things. Why not. 

• The Night- Disturbed 

Take a seat on the throne. Power corrupts.... absolute power corrupts absolutely. 

• Old Friend- Disturbed 

Post Ending Wilson... "Who's the Pawn now, Maxwell?"

•Message in a Bottle- The Police. 

What, like I was gonna leave this out of a Don't Starve playlist? 

• From Wharf to Wilds - Darren Korb

The Ruins.  Confession. I haven't actually been to the ruins yet, (I've been drawing DS more than playing it lately), but I imagine this would be appropriate from the descriptions I've seen. 

• Bones(Acoustic)- Young Guns

Wilson thinking to himself at night. Sky full of stars. 

Yeah. This one is kind over exaggerated, if you're not in the right mindset. Sorry. But the words are pretty appropriate. 

• Whispers in the Dark-Skillet

…another post ending Charlie and Maxwell song. Fricking frack, you two, stop taking over this playlist. This one's a bit more shippy than the other songs, I suppose. 

• Brass Goggles- Steam Powered Giraffe

WX-78. And I am willing to bet cash money that this has already been done. I think I might have actually originally heard about SPG on this forum. But it's just so perfect. 

Unfortunately, this one wasn't on Grooveshark. But here's a link to youtube. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDRHx4cPgbE

Edited by Sarcosuchus

I love this, especially Bones. I'm not sure why I like that one so much.

Are you planning on writing something to these songs? I think a fic involving Charlie and Maxwell is a great idea. I would do it myself, if I didn't hate Maxwell so much (he's the best villain ever). 

You should make your own playlist, and add songs that inspire you. That would be fun to see!

Well my OC Kathryn would have:

"Pinkie's Gypsy Bard" - MLPFiW

She was orphaned as a child, later grew up as a gypsy fortune teller, went insane. She was never found in her cabin or FORTUNE TELLER stand again.

I love this, especially Bones. I'm not sure why I like that one so much.

Are you planning on writing something to these songs? I think a fic involving Charlie and Maxwell is a great idea. I would do it myself, if I didn't hate Maxwell so much (he's the best villain ever). 

Bones is a good one :grin:. I like it too, but I couldn't tell you why either. As for the writing, I would love to, but part of me is a little worried. When my art was featured I was flipping out, and so like a moron I was like "Look friends and family look at the thing that has happened!" But then I realized that now they know who I am, and my secret identity is ruined...and whenever I start talking about how I'm pissed with how a drawing turned out or something my friends tell me to hush because I did the art thing. So I know they still remember... what if they've been looking at my threads! What if they saw I wrote a fanfic! What if they see this thread! WHAT IF AUGH etc etc

Well my OC Kathryn would have:

"Pinkie's Gypsy Bard" - MLPFiW

She was orphaned as a child, later grew up as a gypsy fortune teller, went insane. She was never found in her cabin or FORTUNE TELLER stand again.

I would have no problem with putting in another section for people to add their songs, but I am going to have to agree with Unsound:  If you have music you like, you deserve to have your own thread where your ideas and OC can shine! Maying your own playlist is a crapton of fun, and it can inspire you to write or draw or dream up all kinds of things. I wouldn't want you to miss out on that :3. 

I would have no problem with putting in another section for people to add their songs, but I am going to have to agree with Unsound:  If you have music you like, you deserve to have your own thread where your ideas and OC can shine! Maying your own playlist is a crapton of fun, and it can inspire you to write or draw or dream up all kinds of things. I wouldn't want you to miss out on that :3.

I'm sorry for adding my song. I already have a thread But it's art only. Sorry again! ^~^

I'm sorry for adding my song. I already have a thread But it's art only. Sorry again! ^~^

Nononono! No apologies needed! Don't apologize for sharing something that inspired you. Don't ever feel like you need to apologize for that. There's no rules that say you can't put songs in art threads, especially if there's art of your OC in there, so you should go for it! It's your thread, after all :D 

Bones is a good one :grin:. I like it too, but I couldn't tell you why either. As for the writing, I would love to, but part of me is a little worried. When my art was featured I was flipping out, and so like a moron I was like "Look friends and family look at the thing that has happened!" But then I realized that now they know who I am, and my secret identity is ruined...and whenever I start talking about how I'm pissed with how a drawing turned out or something my friends tell me to hush because I did the art thing. So I know they still remember... what if they've been looking at my threads! What if they saw I wrote a fanfic! What if they see this thread! WHAT IF AUGH etc etc

I can understand if you want to keep things hushity hush, even though I'm sure your writing is nothing to be ashamed about. Maybe that doesn't even matter. For me, it doesn't matter if the content is good or bad so much as it is that it's a secret part of myself that I don't want to share, except with strangers, if that makes any sense. If it's something you care about and have been daydreaming about, I know I would feel very exposed if someone were to talk to me about it.

Just the other day, my friend stole my sketchbook that had all of my crummy DS fangirling art. Since this is my most judgmental friend, I was horrified. I never really talk about what I'm interested in, EVER, except with my closest buddies. I kinda tackled her for it...yeah, anyway, it wasn't pretty. 

Remember, you don't have to write the story for anyone but you. If you want to get the story out, then write it! That doesn't mean you have to submit anything. And even if you do, it can always be under an alias B) 

• Like 1

I can understand if you want to keep things hushity hush, even though I'm sure your writing is nothing to be ashamed about. Maybe that doesn't even matter. For me, it doesn't matter if the content is good or bad so much as it is that it's a secret part of myself that I don't want to share, except with strangers, if that makes any sense. If it's something you care about and have been daydreaming about, I know I would feel very exposed if someone were to talk to me about it.

Just the other day, my friend stole my sketchbook that had all of my crummy DS fangirling art. Since this is my most judgmental friend, I was horrified. I never really talk about what I'm interested in, EVER, except with my closest buddies. I kinda tackled her for it...yeah, anyway, it wasn't pretty. 

Remember, you don't have to write the story for anyone but you. If you want to get the story out, then write it! That doesn't mean you have to submit anything. And even if you do, it can always be under an alias B)

If you were any more supportive, you would be Atlas.

I'm not quite sure how, but you kind of wrote down my exact feelings on the matter. The sharing with strangers thing in particular is painfully accurate. I would love to write it, and I really want to post it under this name and not an alias, because it would be something I'd be very proud of. But the idea of anyone I know seeing it and reading it and...oof. I have a hard enough time keeping my sketchbook away from my friends...(sound familiar?). On the other hand, I know that my family probably hasn't looked at the website since I told them about the art thing...and funnily enough, I had a serious, polite debate with my friends the other evening over the merits of fanfiction...my roommate apparently used to read HP stuff, and another friend used to read all kind of things. So I know they wouldn't judge, most likely, but it's so personal, you know? 

All in all, an alias seems like it would fix things, but the whole reason this story exists is that so many people seemed to like the idea I posted in the puzzle thread. It would be nice to expand on that existing association, so that people actually give it a peek. It's a confidence thing.

And to top it all off, I don't even know that my friends even look at this site to begin with! If only there was a way to selectively wipe people's memories...sigh. Where's a book of ancient eldritch shadow magic when you need one...

If you were any more supportive, you would be Atlas.

I'm not quite sure how, but you kind of wrote down my exact feelings on the matter. The sharing with strangers thing in particular is painfully accurate. I would love to write it, and I really want to post it under this name and not an alias, because it would be something I'd be very proud of. But the idea of anyone I know seeing it and reading it and...oof. I have a hard enough time keeping my sketchbook away from my friends...(sound familiar?). On the other hand, I know that my family probably hasn't looked at the website since I told them about the art thing...and funnily enough, I had a serious, polite debate with my friends the other evening over the merits of fanfiction...my roommate apparently used to read HP stuff, and another friend used to read all kind of things. So I know they wouldn't judge, most likely, but it's so personal, you know? 

All in all, an alias seems like it would fix things, but the whole reason this story exists is that so many people seemed to like the idea I posted in the puzzle thread. It would be nice to expand on that existing association, so that people actually give it a peek. It's a confidence thing.

And to top it all off, I don't even know that my friends even look at this site to begin with! If only there was a way to selectively wipe people's memories...sigh. Where's a book of ancient eldritch shadow magic when you need one...

Haha, I would love to find that book!

Anyway, I saw your theory on the puzzle thread a while back and thought it was brilliant. From the sound of things, you've got nothing to lose. Just get your courage up and go for it. Who knows? If your friends and/or family do see your fic, and like it, then that could be really awesome. I know I would enjoy reading it!