[Halloween challenge] Help Wanted: Mod team looking for artist.

KidneyBeanBoy

I would like to help with the artwork if there is still space for 1 more.

if interested, you can check my artwork on www.gillmonika169.wix.com/lightingartist .thanks :)

Of course you'd be welcome as far as I'm concerned, but we have basically only inventory icons and two staffs left to do, if you feel like doing these then that would be appreciated of course ^^ If there's more time then there might even be more artwork to do, but currently we're concentrating on finishing up what we have.

Well i would like to try. Its new and fun for me :-)

Well in that case I would welcome you (In the hopes that the rest of the team agrees, but I don't see a reason why they shouldn't). Stop by here whenever you have something to contribute.

I can tell you what exactly needs to be done when I have compiled a list. But in the meantime, may I ask so boldly if you have some kind of example on how your art looks like in the Don't Starve Style?

Srry for the late reply, kinda got busy with some family stuff. Saw Irontaco's art for the tree so tried incorporating that into the art... just some basic Halloween stuff..pumpkin hat, wand and broom(acts as a weapon/walking aid...i dunno..Halloween demanded one though :grin: and the broomtail needs to be black flame.. maybe nightmare fueled)

IMG-20131010-00169_zps642a0ca0.jpg

If you want to see more stuff and then decide, tell me what items need illustrating. I can make rough sketches and then you can decide...

Srry for the late reply, kinda got busy with some family stuff. Saw Irontaco's art for the tree so tried incorporating that into the art... just some basic Halloween stuff..pumpkin hat, wand and broom(acts as a weapon/walking aid...i dunno..Halloween demanded one though :grin: and the broomtail needs to be black flame.. maybe nightmare fueled)

[...]

If you want to see more stuff and then decide, tell me what items need illustrating. I can make rough sketches and then you can decide...

No problem mate  ^^

I would say you're in, but I'd still like to hear from our other members. You might want to post in our main thread and you'll probably be welcome  ; )

And about your artwork, did you really rip out that trees eye and but it in your broom  :'(  poor tree, he only wanted to play. But it might actuallly be a cool idea to make the willows eyeball a prefab for crafting instead of the rather lame idea of it's magic bark  xD  What do you think Irontaco? Also the broom might be a good idea, don't know though what it would do ingame (no, I have no time to code flight)

Now a quick list of things we still don't have:

-Waverlys Familiar: This one is her personal wand which no other character will have. It summons spiders, hounds and merms to assist Waverly in her quest to.... whatever. Because Waverly loves those crooked creatures  ; ) It's missing: Inventoryimage, Groundanim and Equipanim. If you want can take the staffs as a basis, but for inv- and groundimages it's totally not necessary. I'm not sure though how to incorporate new equipanims though, should be doable though.

-Witches Wand: This one is crafted from the trees resources by any player. It has the potential to hold any spell and is thus a truly powerful artifact. Iit's missing  the same artwork as Waverlys Familiar.

-A very low priority are some kind of visual representations of our spells, like runes or something. But I won't be able to tell you anything more about that befor my brother has finished the artwork for the book.

Now I feel stupid since I'm sure there's something more I can't remember. But everything else I know of is worked on by someone else:

Tree and his loot Irontaco

Book my brother

Waverly ElAguilar

Maybe I'll remeber the other stuff when I come home. Or maybe my laptop will even work again  ; )

Archived